c!Dream - Prison

Y/N - Your Name

READER PRONOUNS: SHE/HER

Your jaw clenches as you wait for the lava to drain.

In the distance, you can see him.

His blond hair had grown out, and he'd pulled it back into a ponytail. His vibrant green eyes had dulled down into a dark murk. The scars on his cheeks seemed deeper, and he had heavy bags under his eyes. His jaw was decorated by an unkempt scruff.

No matter how worn out he looked, you could've cried, you missed him so much.

The stone platform clicks against your side of the cavern, and you shakily step on to it.

It begins to transport you jerkily towards Dream's cell, and your heart rate picks up significantly.

Once the platform makes contact with the beginning of Dream's cell, you step off it and face the short wall that separated you both.

While Dream's eyes burn into your skull, you watch as the wall lowers, and there's nothing between you and your criminal (ex?) boyfriend.

Dream clears his throat, leaning backwards on his heels.

"Uh, hello Dream." You mutter, but Dream doesn't answer, shifting his jaw and pushing the hair out of his face.

"Dream. I'm here to visit you, so if you don't want me to be here, then I'll just lea-" you start, but Dream cuts you off.

"No."

You bite the inside of your lip as you look up at him.

"No?" You repeat questioningly.

Dream furrows his eyebrows, and you raise yours. You wait anxiously for his reply as he stares you down.

"Stay here. With me, Y/N. Please," he mumbles, "I haven't seen you in so long." His voice begins to crack at the last words, and you feel a pang of pity pass through your chest.

"Well, you're seeing me now. What now?" You ask. Dream pauses for a second, and you're sent into another moment of anxious waiting.

Without warning, Dream wraps you up in his arms, pressing his face into the top of your head, he then breathes in your scent.

"Dream... are you ok?" You ask timidly. Dream stays silent, so you reach out and place a hand on his bicep. "Dream?" You repeat.

You feel Dream's jaw quiver, and you gasp, bringing your face up to look at his.

While your eyes make contact with his, they fill with tears.

His green eyes have lightened up, and you can see the old Dream in his features.

Before either of you can say anything, you both burst into tears.

Hot, salty tears fall down your cheeks and you can taste them on your lips.

Dream's eyes are getting red, and you clutch on to him. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you down to the floor.

He snuggles his face into the crook of your neck, and you run your hands through his unkempt hair.

"I- I just missed you so much. I can't- I can't begin to-" Dream stammers, but you cut him off this time.

"I missed you too," you whisper into his ear.

"I wish you weren't in here, so I could see you every day." You add.

Dream runs his fingers over your back as he relishes in the familiarity of it all.

Hesitantly, Dream lifts his head and leans his face closer to yours, his hot breath is fanning over your lips as he gets ever closer.

In an instant, your lips are connected. His chapped ones against your soft ones. After a few seconds, you both pull away, truly enchanted with each other. It was as if it was your first kiss.

"I'm so sorry." He breathes, and you lick your lips thoughtfully.

"I should go." You say, but Dream holds you down.

"Why?" He asks, keeping his calloused fingers firm on your hips.

"You betrayed everyone, Dream. I- I can't, this is wrong." You tell him, a lump in your throat.

Dream's eyes fall downcast, and you want to hug him so badly.

But you can't.

He did so many wrongs to so many of your closest friends.

"I'm sorry." He replies in a whisper. You click your tongue and stand up from Dream's lap, him not even trying to stop you.

"It's too late for sorry, Dream." You murmur, your face devoid of any emotion, although it was a war raging in your heart.

You start to walk away, calling for Sam to let you out.

Dream scrambles up from the floor, and grabs your wrist.

"You can't go!" He screams, but you shake your head, pulling your arm away.

You step over the border, and the wall snaps up between you two.

Dream practically claws at the wall, but it won't budge, and he can't get over it.

"No! Y/N, please!"

You turn away from Dream, and step on to the platform, letting it take you back to Sam.

While it moves, you can hear Dream screaming and shouting for you to come back, and tears well up in your eyes.

You would miss him.

But you'd get over it.