Ranboo - IRL

Y/N - Your Name

(Not saying Ranboo is gay ok don't get on my back
Also pretend c*vid-19 isn't a thing
Ok this is lowkey cute)

READER PRONOUNS: HE/HIM

Ranboo: you excited for next week?

Y/N: Yeah dude
Y/N: Can't wait

Ranboo: same :)
Ranboo: seeing you irl will be weird though
Ranboo: especially in england
Ranboo: rn i only picture you as a screen

Y/N: Lol
Y/N: But yeah I agree
Y/N: Being in the UK'll be odd for you

Ranboo: yeah
Ranboo: oh wait gtg

Y/N: Bye :))))

I sigh as I put my phone down, thoughts racing around my brain like a kid at a birthday party.

I can't wait to see Ranboo, but at the same time I'm nervous. I mean, I'm not exactly the most confident person in the world.

Saying that, neither is Ranboo.

Maybe it'll be a perfect match? With the both of us being nervous as hell, maybe the awkwardness will cancel itself out.

I let out yet another sigh and lean my head back on my bed's headboard.

A week later...

Bouncing on my heels, I look around for Ranboo.

You'd think he'd be pretty easy to spot, being a 6'6 and all.

"Y/N?" Comes a very familiar American accented voice from behind me.

I spin around to see the one and only Ranboo stood before me.

"Holy shit." I say, noticing that he's not wearing sunglasses or a mask...

I can see his face.

"What?" He asks, dipping his head down in a subconscious attempt to hide his face.

"Nothing! Just... it's you." I murmur, eyes mapping his person. God damn is he tall.

He lets out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah."

An awkward silence forms between us and I can feel my heartbeat start to pick up.

Shit, shit, shit. Don't get awkward now, Y/N! This has to go well.

"We better take off to my place then, yeah?" I suggest and Ranboo gives me a decisive nod.

Turning on my heels, I start walking to the direction of the airports exit. 

Ranboo does a little jog to be at my side, and we walk in somewhat comfortable silence until we reach the outside.

Predictably for England, I can feel light pricks of rain on my face as I move out from under the edge of the building.

"It's just started to rain!" I tell Ranboo as he struggles to pull his suitcase out of the door.

"Uh oh," he says, "guess this is a good welcome to England." I laugh a little at his words and turn around to help him with the suitcase.

It pries free and Ranboo lets out a sigh of relief. He straightens his back and gives me a high five. I smile at him and let my arm drop. He does the same. Our hands brush against eachother from being side by side.

To my surprise, I feel Ranboo's hand grab mine.

"So where's your car?" He asks, and I turn around to try and remember with the feeling over Ranboo's hand holding mine clouding my thoughts.

My eyes scan over the vast car park and I finally spot my dad's car.

I reach out my arm and point over to it before starting to walk, still holding Ranboo's hand.

The rain starts coming down harder, and in a matter of seconds, it's soaking me and Ranboo.

I let out a little yell at the feeling of the cold rain seeping through my hoodie, and Ranboo parrots the sound back to me.

I turn to look at him and see that he's blinking rainwater out of his eyelashes, making me chuckle.

"Don't laugh!" He snaps, but the smile on his face gives away that he thinks it's pretty funny too.

Finally reaching my dads car, Ranboo shoves his suitcase in the boot and we practically jump in.

Somehow, our hands had stayed together, fingers intertwined, so Ranboo uses his free hand to wipe the droplets out of his eyes.

My dad lets out a hearty laugh as he sees how soaked we are.

"Hush, father." I mumble as I buckle myself into the car. This only makes my dad laugh harder.

He stops himself, and regains normal breathing before greeting Ranboo. "Welcome to the UK, son. Y/N's been very excited to meet you!" He exclaims, teasing me.

"Dad!" I yell, giving him a 'stop that right now' look.

He shakes his head and murmurs a small "sorry."

Later on...

"Ranboo! You- what the hell are you doing?!" I exclaim as Ranboo bends unnecessarily low to play a game of Wii golf.

"I'm playing the game!" He replies, hardened tone of voice showing his stress levels.

I laugh softly, focusing back on the screen so I can beat his ass at golf.

Smiling widely, we both finish the game.

After the stream...

We both sit down on the sofa, scrolling through our phones.

I let my hand drop to my side as I watch a TikTok, and I swear I can see Ranboo glance over at my arm before letting his hand drop too.

Like in the airport, I feel Ranboo's hand find mine.

Now he's definitely glancing at me.

"You good, dude?" I ask, giving Ranboo an unsure smile.

"Yeah. Your hands warm." He says back simply. My heartbeat racing, I give him a nod and a hum.

"I can let go if you want." He offers, stuttering a little bit.

"No, no! It's fine! It's just-" I answer quickly, "it's just... I've never been really close with someone."

Ranboo gives me a shy smile, and moves closer to me. Before I can say anything, he removes his hand from mine and wraps it around my shoulder.

I let out a contented sigh at the feeling of warmth and security he provides.

I lean my head on his shoulder, smiling like a mad man.

You two sit there for the next few hours, extremely happy that he came to the UK.