c!Dream - Protective

Y/N - Your Name

READER PRONOUNS: THEY/THEM

Dream was apprehensive about taking you into DreamSMP with him.

I mean, technically nothing could go wrong. You could protect yourself and he could protect you if needed, but he was still nervous.

He swallowed his nerves as best as he could and with his mask secured over his face, you and him step out into the forest.

"You don't need to be scared, Dream, it'll be fine." You say, lacing your fingers through his.

"I know, it's just-" he murmurs, "I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt." He places his hand on the side of your face, running his thumb over your cheek.

You smile, and lean into his touch. "I'll be fine, Dream." You tell him.

He lets out a heavy sigh and nods, starting to walk through the trees, you walking along with him, holding hands.

You get to the border...

You can see the houses in the distance, tall towers and signs in the sky. DreamSMP was really a sight to see.

"You ok?" You ask Dream and he hesitates before nodding. You can't see his face underneath the mask, but you know he's trying to put on a brave face.

You step over the border, and walk inland, reaching the Prime Path and following it.

Along the way, you see the various houses and buildings, including a vacated building called 'Targay'. You didn't ask any questions, but giggled when you saw it.

A little while later, a tall blond boy comes into view. Dream groans.

"Dream!" He calls out, "hey, Dream! Don't ignore me!" He comes running up to you two, and upon seeing his face, you can recognise him as Tommy. Dream had mentioned him many times before, and it was obvious how much of a pain in the ass he could be.

"Hi, Tommy." Dream greets with a sigh.

"Hello, who are you?" Tommy asks, ignoring Dream.

"Uhh, I'm Y/N." You answer and Tommy's eyes widen.

"He wasn't making you up?!" Tommy exclaims, "are you real, or what?" Tommy adds on, grabbing your head and making you look in different directions.

"Hands off." Dream snaps, gripping Tommy's left wrist. Tommy swallows thickly, and drops his hands from your face.

You furrow your eyebrows and stare at Dream, wondering why he's acting so weird.

Despite the small drop in confidence, Tommy bounces back with a big smile on his face. "Let me give you the tour!" He beams, walking down the path. You smile and follow the teenager as he rants about different things that happened in the places he's showing you.

Tommy starts leading you up a particularly high wall while Dream isn't looking. He notices after a few seconds and runs up grabbing you by the wrist, pulling you down. "No. Don't do that. It's not safe." He reprimands, hand holding your wrist a little too tight.

"It was fun! Why do you care so much?" You whine, trying to free yourself from his grasp.

"Why? Because I don't want you to get hurt, that's why!" He fumes, letting go of you and then crossing his arms over his chest.

"You don't need to protect me from everything! It was fine!" You snap back.

Dream huffs, turning his head for a second and taking a deep breath.

"Sorry." He says finally and you glance up at the smiling mask.

"I'm sorry too." You mumble. Dream takes a step forwards and wraps an arm around your shoulders, pulling you close. You wrap your arms around his waist and he lets out a deep sigh.

"Carry on with the tour, Tommy." Dream instructs.

After Tommy shows you around...

"I really didn't mean to get like that, sorry for getting too protective." Dream murmurs as you walk past Eret's castle.

"It's ok. Just try to relax," you tell him, "I know you're worried for me, but I can judge what's dangerous and what's not, yeah?"

Dream nods and you sigh softly, grasping his hand and giving it a small squeeze. He glances down at your hands and glances back up to your face.

"Amantium irae amoris integratio est." You murmur under your breath, and Dream tilts his head.

"What'd you say?" He asks, and you laugh through your nose.

"It's Latin. It means 'the quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love'." You inform him and he lets out a noise of approval.

"It's beautiful." He comments and you lean your head against his bicep as you walk.

"Yeah, it is." You agree.