[REQUEST] c!jschlatt - Cramps

Y/N - Your Name

(Although the gender is neutral, the reader does have periods
Tw for mentions of cramping and periods)

READER PRONOUNS: THEY/THEM

You groan as the familiar ache pulses through your abdomen. Goddamn it.

The cramps from your newly arrived period were painful, and completely not what you needed right now.

You clench your stomach as a particularly powerful cramp passes through you, and you curl in on yourself a little bit.

Schlatt, who was downstairs, now heads up as he hears writhing and groaning coming from your bedroom.

"Babe? You good?" He calls out as he reaches the landing, craning is neck to try and see inside your half-opened door.

"Yeah, I'm just-" you start, stopping as another cramp hits hard.

Schlatt huffs in confusion and makes his way inside your bedroom. Inside, he sees you curled up in your bedsheets, looking like you're in pain.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Schlatt asks, coming closer to the bed so he can sit on it.

"It's my period, ok?" You snap, flushing with embarrassment. Schlatt's eyebrows raise.

"Oh," he says, "you could've just said that!" As you eye him, confused, Schlatt practically runs out of the room.

Your confusion is given a resolve as Schlatt returns with a hot water bottle and some other various things.

He gives a wide smile at your surprise. "What? I'm not a total asshole." He jokes, handing you the already heated hot water bottle.

"Thank you, J." You mutter, pressing the bottle to your abdomen and sighing as it relieves some of the built tension.

Schlatt smiles at your obvious relief, and gets off the bed and walks around to the other side to cuddle up behind you.

You lean into his chest as you enjoy the break from your period cramps.

"I'm surprised you know what a period is." You tease, and Schlatt laughs through his nose. You can practically envision his eye roll.

You flip yourself over to face your boyfriend, and you're met with his signature toothy smile. You reach out your arm and run your fingers over the grooves in his horns and he sighs contentedly.

"What a good boyfriend." You whisper, and he smiles wider, closing his eyes.

"And an even better president." He boasts and you 'eh', unconvinced. His eyes shoot open again and they hold a faux offended look.

You laugh it off and snuggle yourself into Schlatt, sighing happily at his warmth and feeling secure with his arms wrapped around your waist.

Later...

You groggily open your eyes as you feel the warmth and form of Schlatt suddenly absent from next to you.

"Damn." He mutters as you see him stood next to the bed.

"What're you doing?" You ask sleepily, rubbing a bleary eye.

"I was gonna make food or something, y'know, to surprise you, but you woke up." Schlatt explains, looking disappointed.

"Oh. Well, you can still make food?" You suggest and he nods. "I'll act surprised." You add, and he laughs, making a comment about you having to do that now before leaving.

You lean your head back into the pillows and sigh. You experience a mild break in the peace in the form of another cramp, but it passes quickly and you can return to the serenity.

With your boyfriend downstairs cooking, and his support and care guaranteed for the next week, you knew this period would actually be nice. You were grateful for Schlatt.

Although his reputation as mean and rude was known by citizens of Manburg, hell, even the entirety of DreamSMP, you knew him as kind and gentle.

You only wished everyone else could see him as the latter.

But your boyfriend would never show the side you loved so much to anyone else, that was reserved for you.

It made you feel special. It lets you know how much he really loves you.

And boy, does that man love you.