[REQUEST] c!Fundy - Caring

Y/N - Your Name

(Eyyyy more OriginSMP shit :)) this time the reader is a fruit bat :0
Fruit bats are so fucking cute I cannot-
Also thanks for this request toastbur I hope you like it 🤞🤞🤞)

READER PRONOUNS: THEY/THEM

"Good morning." You murmur, walking into the pub you and your friends had built.

Wilbur, Phil, Niki and Fundy were the only ones awake. They all look over to you and greet you with a chorus of "hello"'s and "good morning"'s.

You give the group a smile and walk over to sit by Fundy, who was sat on a chair.

"How are you feeling?" Fundy asks. You'd had a pretty bad migraine the day before and Fundy had been the one to care for and comfort you.

"I'm fine. Thanks for yesterday." You reply and Fundy gives you a warm smile.

You lean back in your chair, stretching your body out, expanding your large bat wings in the process.

Subconsciously, Fundy reaches out to massage the dark appendages, running his long fingers over the bony structure of them.

Your short black ears perk up at the sudden feeling, and you flinch away slightly.

"Sorry!" Fundy squeaks, having forgotten the sensitivity that came along with your wings.

You shake off the sudden feeling and shake your head, smiling at the fox hybrid. "It's fine, I just wasn't expecting it." You tell him, and he relaxes some.

Later...

"Morning!" Comes Charlie's cheery voice from the entrance, and you angle your eyes downward to see the tiny slime hybrid.

"Morning, Charlie." You greet, and he gives you an enthusiastic wave.

Fundy tiredly waves at Charlie too, leaning himself into your shoulder. You glance down at him, his fluffy orange and white hair blocking your view of his face.

"You ok?" You ask, returning his question from earlier. He nods, not lifting his head.

"Tired." He mumbles, and you laugh.

"Did you not sleep last night?" You inquire through soft laughter.

Fundy doesn't answer for a moment. He doesn't want you to know that he'd spent all night by your bed, making sure you were ok after your migraine.

"Uhh, something like that." He says awkwardly, and you tilt your head before letting the subject drop.

Tommy comes up the ladder next. He glances over at you and Fundy (who had fallen asleep) with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

You eye him curiously, "what's up with you, Tommy?" You ask. Tommy walks confidently over to you with a grin.

"Well, I saw something last night." He replies and you furrow your eyebrows.

"What did you see?" You inquire and his smile widens even further.

"Fundy." He says simply, not clearing your confused look.

"What about Fundy?" You quiz, and Tommy checks to see if Fundy'd woken up. He had not.

"He was sitting next to your bed," Tommy reveals, "making sure you were ok."

Your eyes widen. You glance down at Fundy's sleeping form and then back at the blond teenager.

"He was?" You ponder, eyes searching Tommy's smiling face for the tell-tale signs that he was lying. You couldn't find any.

Tommy nods and then walks off to talk to Wilbur and Phil.

A few minutes later...

Fundy shifts, afterwards lifting his head off of your shoulders.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you." He murmurs quickly, sitting up straight in his chair.

"It's fine, after all I'm the reason you're so tired." You reply and Fundy's eyes widen.

He glances over to see Tommy talking with the rest of the group and he sighs. "Tommy told you?" He guesses and you nod.

"Thank you," You say, smiling warmly at your friend, "you're a great friend."

Fundy's face falls a little bit before he smiles back at you.

"What's wrong?" You ask, but he shakes his head.

"It's nothing." He dismisses.

"No it's not," you continue, "what is it?"

"I didn't stay up all night just for you to call me a 'great friend'." He says with a short laugh.

He pauses for a beat and your eyebrows furrow. He flushes with embarrassment. "Sorry! That came off rude and I-"

"You like me." You cut in. Fundy flushes even harder, confirming your statement with a nod.

Your wings shift as you think, staring at Fundy's face.

"I like you too." You state simply, and Fundy's eyebrows raise.

"Really?" He asks, and you nod, a smile creeping on to your face.

Before you can even open your mouth to speak, Fundy has you wrapped up in his arms.

You giggle as you see your group of friends all turn to you two with confused faces.

"What's going on?" The translucent Wilbur asks, and Fundy pulls away from you with the happiest smile you'd ever seen.

"They like me back!" He announces and everyone smiles, Phil even gives a little cheer.

"See, I told you." Niki says, and Fundy gives her a smaller, grateful smile.

"Wait, you guys knew?" You exclaim and they all nod.

"He hasn't stopped talking about you, mate." Phil tells you and you smile at Fundy.

That night...

You and Fundy are curled up together, your face resting against his chest, hearing his heart beat and feeling the rise and fall of each breath.

You smile to yourself as you trace intricate patterns into Fundy's skin.

You'd finally found your soulmate after being blind to his affections for so long.

And you couldn't be happier.