Jack Manifold - Drunk

Y/N - Your Name

(TW! Mentions of being sick, drunkness
I am realising how shit I am at writing endings)

READER PRONOUNS: SHE/HER

The repeated buzzing of your phone caught your attention as you folded your laundry. You pick it up and see that Wilbur was calling you. You click 'Answer'.

"Hi Wilbur, all ok?" You greet, and you hear a murmuring from the other end of the line.

"Hey Y/N! Uhm, well, you know how Jack went out with me today?" Wilbur answers.

"Yeah?" You reply. Wilbur clears his throat, obviously a bit apprehensive to tell you whatever was wrong.

"Well, Jack's gotten a bit drunk..." Wilbur murmurs, and you sigh.

"I'm coming, just make sure he doesn't die or something." You half joke, ending the call and running to get your car keys and a bucket.. just in case.

When you get to Wilbur's house...

You step out of the car, and jog over to the front door. You knock, and after a few seconds, it opens and reveals an apologetic-looking Wilbur and a hammered Jack.

"Oh my god, how'd he get this drunk?!" You exclaim, observing your boyfriends half closed eyes and flushed cheeks.

"We were drinking, and we sent him out to get more drinks.. but he drank them." Wilbur explains, and your eyes widen as you look at the brunet.

"How much has he had?" You ask, worried for Jack's health. You really didn't want him to be sicker than he would normally be.

"Uhhh, we don't know." Wilbur admits sheepishly, eyes glued to the floor.

You sigh, wrapping Jack's arm around your shoulder and helping him over to your car.

When you finally get him in the car...

"Hey, Y/N?" Jack whines. You glance over to him and hum in reply. "Did I ever tell you that you're pretty?"

You chuckle, "I think you've said it once or twice." You reply with a smirk. You'd forgotten how entertaining Jack could be when drunk.

"Good, cause you are. Like, you're really pretty. It'd be so cool if you were my girlfriend." He babbles, making you laugh more.

"Jack, I am your girlfriend." You tell him and he gasps.

"Woahhh," he breathes, "that's so cool."

You get home...

"C'mon Jack, let's get out of the car." You coax, opening the door for him.

"No. It's comfortable in here." He grumbles, glaring at you.

You cross your arms over your chest and roll your eyes. "Yeah, but I'm sure the bed would be much more comfortable than a car seat." You reason, and Jack shakes his head.

"No." He replies. You bite the inside of your lip, trying to figure out how to get him into the house and to bed.

"I could sit with you?" You offer, and his face breaks into a wide smile.

"Ok!"

Once inside the house...

"Jack? Where're you going?" You ask as Jack meanders over to the kitchen.

"I'm hungry." He slurs, and your brain flashes with images of Jack vomiting.

You definitely don't want that.

"No, no, no. I'll make you something later, yeah? We just need to go to bed." You bargain. Jack stops and thinks it over for a second, before shrugging and nodding.

You breathe a sigh of relief and guide your boyfriend up the stairs.

You finally reach the bedroom...

With Jack successfully sat in bed, a glass of water by his side, you let yourself relax.

"Y/N?" He calls out, and your head snaps up to look at him. "I love you." He says and your heart swells.

"I love you too." You murmur, and his face settles into one of soft happiness.

"So, you're my girlfriend, yeah?" He asks, making you laugh.

"Yes, I am your girlfriend." You confirm, and he falls into a period of silence.

"You'd make a cool wife." He says finally, and your eyes widen. A small smile makes it's way on to your face.

"Cool?" You inquire and he nods.

"Like, cool, y'know? You'd be well good." He explains. You tilt your head with an amused smile as you listen to him.

"Well you don't really know that, I could be horrible." You counter, but he just shakes his head.

"No. You'd be good. Everything you do is good." He argues, and you chuckle softly. "And don't freak out, but I want to be my wife for real one day." He admits, which takes you aback.

"What?" You whisper, not quite believing your ears. Jack shrugs his face reading a clear message of: 'I said what I said'.

Now, you could easily write that off as the alcohol talking, but the way he said it sounded so genuine. Like he meant it.

"Do you really mean that?" You ask, and Jack nods fervently.

"Yeah, I love you. You're cool." Jack says and you almost laugh at him continuously calling you cool, but the revelation that Jack could see a proper future with you hit you like a ton of bricks.

Without knowing what else to say, you said what you knew. Five words that you knew were true.

"I love you too, Jack."