Sixty-Two

I was tired of fighting a war for people who cannot create the world without it.

~LA

~

I felt so free. So free. I mean, yeah... I almost got killed yesterday but I truly realised, I love him. And it gave me a feeling of freedom just because I knew.

Shaw's driver was missing, so I had to pick up Sheila myself. It wasn't uncommon for him to disappear for a few days but it did happen quite often they'd never return from their trip of being kidnapped by rebelling gangs.

I pulled up to the back door of the Butchery. I could imagine Bell freaking out like he did last time I walked through that door.

I wanted to light up a cigarette because I was bored but decided against it.

I had a box of caramels on the seat next to me. I was planning to stop but old habits really did die hard. I wanted to be better. Just as good as Demont. Maybe a bit better. With him.

I took one sugary treat with a smile.

I could hear people swarming out of the main doors. A few even walked out the back door but Sheila was nowhere to be seen.

Sheila was never late. Ever. I knew something was up. I got out of the car. The night was chilly and the way, the fence creaked in the wind, gave me flashbacks to when I was at Sheila's place. But I knew Sheila would never meet the same fate.

I made sure of it.

I walked into the Butchery with a sure step. I didn't see Bell or Sheila. The sweat-filled gym was empty and the hall with the rink occupied only a few trainees who were cleaning up the mess.

I walked up the stairs to the lockers. I used to love these stairs. I remember Gharette slapping my back when I had won the fight.

I pushed those fucking sentimentalities and rushed up.

"Sheila?!" I cried out in the silence. Nothing.

I passed doors, opened them and closed them, finding them empty.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard voices. One male. One girl.

I cursed and ran to the shabbiest door and opened it with force.

Shaw was standing tall and proud in front of my girl. He seemed so anticlimactic in the dirty room, which paint was falling off in his black suit and with combed hair.

Santiago was watching me from Shaw's side with that annoying gaze colder than ice in his irises. I knew it was only an act but it still disturbed the shit out of me.

Sheila's braids were messy and strands of hair were sticking out of them. Her bronze skin was sweaty and dirty from fuck knows what.

Tears were streaming down her face.

"What did you do?"

Shaw looked at me with all the indifference in the world.

"I told her the truth."

I understood what was happening instantly. It was Shaw's game. I didn't know why then but I know why he wanted to get rid of me now.

He realised he doesn't care for me. He was able to kill me. Because when he pressed that trigger to that gun, he realised, he wasn't relieved when no bullets came out.

It was all just his game. Business. Souls of children instead of golden coins.

And I was tired of fighting a war for people who cannot create the world without it.

"What did you fucking do?" My voice grew stronger. No one moved.

"Just the truth Lovelle."

I looked at Sheila. She looked back at me. Hurt. There was every shade of hurt, anger and betrayal in her eyes. She looked at me like I just killed her.

"How could you...?" Her angry voice was broken and tearful. I clenched my jaw.

"Sheila..."

"HOW COULD YOU SAY THEY ABANDONED ME?" She roared. I flinched. I took a few steps forward. She was covering her face with her hands, crying. Breaking the heart of everyone who had one.

"HOW COULD YOU NOT SAY, I HAVE A FUCKING UNCLE?" She punched my chest weakly. I couldn't breathe.

I blinked. What was this feeling again?

"How could've you killed the last being who was my family...?" Sheila barely whispered. My ears rang from the silence.

Oh right. Regret. That was the feeling.

"Sheila..." I touched her wrists. Sheila flinched away from me.

"No! Don't! Don't lie to me anymore!" She screamed.

"I can't hear your excuses anymore! You say you are not a liar. But you are! No. You are much worse! You are a deceiver!"

She opened her glassy eyes and pierced me with the sharpest gaze.

"You lie about what you do. You lie about how you feel. You lie about the life of others. You are a coward that can't face reality."

Sheila clenched her jaw with defiance that hid pain.

"I should've never believed a monster like you."

Sheila pushed past me. I stood there with shaking hands. Stunned.

Shaw sighed as if this was such a great bother to him. He calmly walked to me. I looked up at him with hurt and shock, he was the culprit of.

"I will take everything from you."

Let me just say agent Wilmslow, he took more than that.

We are told in schools that we are at peace. We are told, we ought to be glad for the calm. We shouldn't.

Agent Wilmslow. You and I both know, we are at war. And it isn't a war of law against crime. No. It is a silent war of injustice that creates crime. It is the war between true monsters and the ones who feel like them.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more updates.

See you again on SATURDAY loves ;)

~D