Twenty-Three

He thought the world of crimes wasn't as bad. But it was and he was a bit of a coward to admit it.

~

And that is why, my dear agent, for the first time in my life, I was scared.

~LA

No. I am in my room with Demont.

I thought Nevin would be glad someone was there for me so I wouldn't run off to the roof and practically stab my lungs. But later I found out, I was wrong.

~

~

"What are you doing here?"

I felt immensely exposed in just a shirt but I was so fucking tired I didn't care what I was wearing when Demont Lightenberg knocked at my door. It was really, really late. You know it's fucking late when the night is deep and the birds started singing. And I was tired and annoyed.

There were many curses mumbled under my breath when I got up from the warm bed to open the door. When I saw who it was, I returned the knife to my holster.

"It's late," I stated the obvious. Demont apparently didn't care as his eyes roamed my body.

"My shower doesn't work. I need to use yours."

"You need to shower at four in the morning?"

"Five actually."

I groaned.

"Why don't you use the showers in the locker rooms?" I argued with a tired whine.

"It's too far... Look. The sooner you let me in, the sooner you can sleep." he said cleverly and I was astonished he wasn't tired. He looked like it was a fresh afternoon. Even his face wasn't crumpled or his hair dishevelled and I was too tired to care what he was doing this late.

"I hate you." I just say and turn around, letting him in. I fell into the bed again and ignored him when he rushed to my shower.Sleep was the only thought in my head.

So I fell asleep.

We didn't know each other that well agent Wilmslow. I didn't know, he was from the FBI and he didn't know what I was. What we did know is that we liked fucking each other. For some time that was enough.

Demont was naive, you know? I noticed that about him before. I think he was like that because he thought the world of crimes wasn't as bad. But it was and he was a bit of a coward to admit it.

So even though I beat Crude so many times in a fight, he was still surprised when he found a gun in my drawer with towels.

"What are you doing?"

I woke up with the realisation why I didn't let anyone in my room. But it was too late. He found it. I watched him carefully. It didn't scare me, he could shoot me if he wanted to. I was scared of what he might be thinking. Because thoughts and ideas are much more dangerous than bullets.

"Why do you have a gun in your bathroom?"

I watched him carefully. He observed the metal like he was trying to determine if it was real. It was. I checked.

"Actually, why do you have a gun at all?" he asked with shock and darkness in his voice. To that moment I thought I exaggerated his naiveness in my mind. I thought he at least knew, everybody had a gun in the Sincity. It pissed me. Because if someone shot him in the grocery store, he wouldn't be angry but surprised.

"I will give you a little advice. If you don't learn how to live in the Sincity quickly enough, you should move." I said, angry with his lack of alertness. I took the gun from him and put it in a holster on my thigh. He stopped my hand when I pulled it away from my shirt.

"Why do you have so many weapons?" he said and scanned the knives.

His eyes were horrified and it was too sincere to ignore. I liked him. I liked him very much, because of this and so many other reasons. He was a beautiful, gorgeous liar. But in some ways, he was more honest than others. I looked at him with curiosity, as if he was an animal I have never seen before.

"You really have no idea. Do you? You don't know how fucked up the Sincity really is..."

He looks me in the eyes. And something I have never seen before flashes in his eyes. Pity. Regret. Guilt. And even though I never looked into the eyes of those who had that emotion reflecting in them, I understood.

He didn't reply like the realisation couldn't be put to words.

He traced the outline of the handle of the knife I almost stabbed him with. I was surprised that the metal didn't melt under his touch. His eyes were on the holster, fascinatedly horrified and it was the sweetest combination I could ever imagine. Because it meant care not a lot of people could afford.

His lips were parted and they looked so soft, the curve, the dip under his lip and the colour...

Demont laid his hand on my thigh, his touch warm and reassuring.

"What are you doing?" I breathed out.

The gold in his eyes never left my darkness and I wondered if that was the most sinful combination.

"Fulfilling a promise."

Demont lifted my chin and his hand slid to my thigh. Over the fabric of my underwear almost uninterestedly, to the small of my back. I felt the coldness of the wall he pushed me against and I couldn't take my eyes from his face.

His lips were opened and the breath on the unsteady. He didn't need to ask. I didn't want him to. Not this time. He pushed me against the wall and unapologetically kissed me.

He laid his lips on mine in such a punishing demeanour, one would beg... His breath tickled mine and his finger drew circles on my hips that made me dizzy. After weeks of foreplay, I could finally taste the fraction of fire and passion he had in him. Our kisses were slow, open-mouthed and breathless... They weren't furious like a promise of nearing sex. They were passionate and hard, like a relief.

He knew every time to bite, lick or groan in my mouth... Our tongues clashed and swirled against each other and I never even tried to stop the loud moans escaping my mouth. I gripped his shirt possessively and he held me like we were really desperate for one another... And I was glad because if he didn't I would have fallen apart.

He sucked on my bottom lip and his tongue fought with mine for dominance. With every kiss, he pushed me more into the wall, pressing into me. I could feel him everywhere... His chest pressed against my breasts... his hand gripping my knee close, closer...

The fingers buried in my hair... the palm on my cheek. His tongue darting out... his teeth pulling on my lip... his breath colliding with mine. It turned me on and even if I had gone months without sex it was him... It was always him.

"Demont." I moaned and as if I woke him up from fantasy, he relentlessly pulled away.

His lips were so read and the passion in his eyes was undeniable. It was so tempting to just pull him in again and let him do those things to me with his sinful lips. He was breathing hard and he was searching for certain something in my eyes. I didn't think he would ever find it but apparently, he did.

"I'll go to the Virgin's Doom with you." I breathed ou foolishly. And he kissed me again. And it was like my heart kept beating harder and harder these past weeks. Louder. And now I finally felt it beating in my chest.

And that is why, my dear agent, for the first time in my life, I was scared.

~