Forty-Eight

Stop scaring mommy you, little monster!

~EA

You can't exclude sins just because it's convenient.

People are cruel, rude, unfair and broken pieces of glass that never really fit into each other.

~LA

You really are the smartest stupid person I have ever met.

No one ever blames the sword for the king's decisions.

~DL

~

I splashed cold water on my face and flushed the empty toilet. I brushed the hair out of my face and put on a pretty smirk. I opened the bathroom door. Demont's face was worried and his lip was a bit so harshly, I was pretty sure he was going to draw blood.

"I am never eating in those scatchy street stands." I put a hand on my stomach and cringed.

I love those street stands.

Demont looked relieved. He pulled me back into the bed when I was close enough. I suddenly remembered something and I frowned at Demont.

"When you called me... you said, you knew I was lying about the cigarettes," I said slowly.

"Lovelle." Demont looked at me with a narrowed gaze.

"You have guns stashed in your towel drawer. I won't believe for a minute that you wouldn't have cigarettes stashed in your room."

He frowned.

"I learned that the hard way remember?" Demont shook his wrist and I giggled and pulled it to me, kissing the skin. I felt his chest stop rising for a second. Then he pulled me to him and bury his nose in my hair.

"I didn't want to lie to you," I said apologetically, my chest slowly filling with regret and guilt.

I was a deceiver. I was half-truth in real life. But I wanted him to know I didn't want to lie to him. It was important.

"Why did you then?" he asked softly.

I looked up into his eyes. Demont's arms were wrapped around me and even if I didn't have a single weapon on me... even though I barely remembered where the door was... the safest place in the whole wide fucking world was beside Demont Lightenberg's heart.

And I didn't want to lose that. As much as I knew I won't when I tell him.

One might argue that at that moment, Sophia, I did the most stupid thing I have in my entire life. I told him what I am.

And what... are you?

A monster.

I remember the shock in his eyes. Cold shivers ran down my spine and it had nothing to do with our bareness.

"How many?"

"I don't dare to count."

It was one of the most intense moments of my life. He was looking straight in my soul... I heard the questions in his head colliding with each other. I stopped breathing and the room grew cold. Demont finally moved, pulling me to him, covering us with the blanket properly.

I turned to him, relieved.

I owed him an explana- No. I didn't owe him anything. I wanted him to know. Because for the first time in my life I knew, even though I will strip my soul bare... this man will never run away.