Twenty-Two

Now you know, you shouldn't lower your standards for someone who doesn't deserve you.

~DL

~

"Demont?" I breathed out hesitantly.

"Just keep counting, Love."

His voice was low and hypnotizing. And I listened like I was a naive girl sitting in front of an illusionist. It was just like I was in a trance. And I didn't feel threatened.

His lips brushed against my cheek, my skin shattering with every touch, bursting with excitement. His arms wrapped around my waist and I stumbled into his possessive embrace, I didn't dare to break.

"Five."

I felt the hot breath on my ear. And I swore I could hear him whisper my name like a prayer. Or maybe it was just his hot breath beating with my heart. His nose slid down my cheek and I stilled in his arms as he planted a small tender kiss under my ear.

"Six."

The sound of his soft kisses filled the empty car park. I felt everything. I didn't just feel his lips possessing my skin. I didn't just feel the swiped of his tongue darting between his lips. I didn't just feel his body embracing me or his breath matching mine or his heartbeat against my chest. I felt the world turning, the air swirling, the life pulse. I felt an infinity.

"Seven." I breathed out and that number felt like a curse.

He bit on my neck and his tongue tasted my skin like I imagined he ate ice cream. But this was me and I felt the way he swirled the flavour of me on his tongue.

"Demont..." I gasped and a shiver I couldn't push away took over my body.

"Just keep counting, baby."

But I didn't want to. I didn't want to reach ten. And I cursed him for not telling me to count to a hundred to a thousand or to keep counting until my voice became hoarse and I was thoroughly fucked.

"Eight."

I felt his teeth graze my neck. His fingers dig into my sides possessively. Holding onto me, like he might lose me to our desires. His hands slid up and down my hips, bruising me just a bit, to let me know, we are not just friends. We are not just anything. We are everything in the world and if it was just lusting then so be it. Because he is holding on to me and in the end, what even mattered if not this?

"N-nine." I breathed out.

His lips travelled along the wet trail to my lips.

"Ten."

It felt like giving him up. Demont. His red lips, his sinister intentions and his hands on my hips. It felt like an end and a beginning. It felt like a change, I then didn't know would tear Sincity from the fucking map.

"I told you, I wouldn't be forgiving when you'd return."

His eyes flickered to my lips but when his gaze was in my eyes I saw everything I wanted in it. He was still holding me and I wasn't naive enough to not realise I am not the only one who doesn't want to let go.

"Now you know, you shouldn't lower your standards for someone who doesn't deserve you."

"Do you deserve me?"

He smiled softly and played with the strand of my hair, his lips red as a fallen rose.

"I guess we'll find out."

~