Prologue

~

~

Who said, we need to like the ones whose stories we read.

~SD

~

Agent Sophia Wilmslow tiredly sips from her coffee and cringes at the sweet, tender taste of milk on her tongue.

She grabbed the wrong coffee in the hurry, she realises.

The files in her hand seem light and she is sure this case will be an easy one. She has no idea why the hell did they call her in at three in the morning then.

The fluorescent lights illuminate her messy, curly afro that bounces with every determined step she takes and highlights the very dark circles under her eyes on her chocolate skin.

When agent Wilmslow steps into a stuffy room with grey walls and the only source of light is a one-way mirror, she immediately notices agent Creed in front of it.

She isn't particularly surprised to see him deeply scowling like a two-year-old in a timeout.

"Agent Creed." the woman steps beside him with seriousness lacing her voice.

It is quite odd how similar her friend is to her. Their attitude to crime never changed over the years of witnessing bribes and shady deals. They fight even though their own rise is at a cost.

"Agent Wilmslow." says the agent with a light accent, his monolid eyes narrowing at the person sitting in front of them.

The room doesn't compliment the girl at all.

The white squares on the walls make her look like she is a crazed person trapped in a psychological facility. The white lights can't penetrate the darkness she is radiating with and the clean room is being dirtied with the girl's touch.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be out of place with the girl is the steel table she is handcuffed to. It seems to be as cold as her.

Wilmslow saw many things in her life and it isn't unusual to see the ruthless look on the gorgeous woman.

Her caramel skin is bloodied and her full lips are in a tight line. Beautiful, long dark hair is sticking to the woman's face and it makes her look somehow like a wild animal on a chain. Her upturned eyes are empty not only of emotion but what agent Wilmslow suspects, a soul.

Sophia resists the urge to look away.

The woman is incredibly beautiful but there is nothing pretty about the way her nose scrunches just a little as if she is a tiger about to growl. Her lashes seductively hide the darkness in her eyes and it makes everyone around the girl ask if she is a wild animal.

Or if it is really that simple.

The woman seems to be deep in thought, her mind far, far away. Miles from the FBI facility.