Fifty

But it was still hard to get used to the loneliness all over again.

Never listen to your heart.

I just needed to miss him a bit closer.

~LA

~

It was a tense week. I don't think Demont understood why I suddenly ended our fling. But I know he was trying to keep us civilized although he was angry he couldn't figure it out.

It pissed him, the fact he didn't know. The fact that I knew, it would make him angry, pissed him even more.

Sheila noticed. Everyone did. We were so polite and nice to each other, I heard Nyna questioning my sanity. Our lessons went by without side glances and winks and we didn't meet after classes in our rooms which we just recently started doing again.

I didn't look him in the eyes. Those golden mines that were forever imprinted in my soul were a forbidden fruit I craved more than Eve did.

They reminded me of what I have given up too much. They reminded me, what I had with Demont was something most people will never be close to having.

The cab honked and I stood up from the bench and walked towards the glass entrance of the gym.

It was kind of a relief to be able to escape to Abuja. It was hot and humid but it was still better than to walk in the kitchen in the morning, knowing he'll be there cooking something for the trio.

"Elle!"

I turned to Demont with furrowed eyebrows.

"I told you not to call me that."

"Lovelle." he corrected himself and I wondered if he thought, I was mad at him. He was a mess. His hair was tousled and he looked like he didn't sleep at all. He was breathless and his shirt was buttoned the wrong way, as he got dressed quickly.

"I need to tell you something."

The cab honked again. I looked through the glass at the impatient driver. I bit my lip in worry and then released it, realising what I did.

"I apologize, Demont but I can't. We'll talk when I get back, alright? Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait." I said with a tight smile.

"This can't, Lovelle." Demont threw all the pleasantries away. And I knew it wasn't a friendly conversation. It was a serious conversation between two lovers that will unleash. But we weren't lovers anymore. And I had a job that I would rather kill me than anyone that I love.

"I must go." I held myself and walked away quickly.

~

~

I laid there in my plans to execute the contract. My side hurt from the mattress and I knew I should move. But I couldn't. I was thinking... how long has it been since I was falling asleep without his scent? Without his warmth and short caresses?