Thirty-Nine

We were wild in bed. We fought for the little ounce of power just so we could give it up. Again and again. Until we both had nothing.

~

 I was summoning the devil, begging him to forgive me for one of the many sins. For loving Demont's tongue on me so much.

~LA

~

We ran down to the gym, just in time for the kids to swarm in like usually in high spirits. I think I needed that. It wasn't what I wanted, what I craved with that little, shrimpy thing in my heart called soul but it made me smile even though every time I blink I saw her bloodied side.

Don't you have rules for that? Boundaries?

In Sincity fear is respect and boundaries are bound to be crushed. We all did what we were told to do. It didn't make us any less demonic than Shaw though. It just made us weak and cowardly.

We walked around the corner, right in the devils den. It was the late afternoon's lesson and the hall was floded with little tiny heads, bumping in each other. Sheila was covering her face with her hands hopelessly and I heard Demont chuckle. I turned to see his smirk.

"Go on."

Demont looked at me, his smirk fading into a light smile.

"What?"

"I know, you'd like to torture her. Go on. I'll enjoy it from here."

Demont shook his head and walked up to Sheila, manouvering between the kids. Sheila looked up and I saw the glimpse of Demont's signature smirk before she reddened and started to scold him.

I was snickering the whole time, watching the kids (especially the Hellholes) in the corner of my eye.

I smelled a rosey perfume with a hint of heavy coconut. Nevin

"Oh wow. It's lively here."

My best friend appeared at my side with a mournful expression. She did like kids. She loved every inch of them. Nevin was that kind of person who had it natural. She was soft but diplomatic. She was smiley but showed vulnerability. She was selfish and selfless. She would have made a great mother. I hate that they took that from her.

"I'm an asshole but even I wouldn't bring kids into a deadly gym, sugar." I joked a bit but then I cleared my throat. They say healing takes time. But I didn't have time between hits. So I just stood there trying to forget. Just a bit. Just enough.

"He doesn't have that cast anymore." Nevin said. I looked at her confusedly. She had that look just like when we were at a café. Empty and a bit sorrow. I turned to Demont. He was laughing and Sheila looked so mortified it made me chuckle under my breath. The kids were tugging at Sheila's shirt and Demont stood that like a complete asshole with arms crossed over his chest.

Nevin was looking at him.

"Demont?"

I turned to Nevin, suddenly realising something.

"How did you know he had a cast?"

Nevin looked at me with an empty gaze.

"You told me, you shattered his wrist. Of course, he would have a cast."

I nodded.

"Yeah. He said he had bones broken so many times before, it heals quicker now. But I'm pretty sure that's bullshit." I chuckled.

"Sure? I would love to have you as my doctor." Nevin snickered and I opened my mouth in mocked shock.

"How dare you insult my medical skills when I healed your finger!" I cried out in a heavy british accent. When we were young we attempted to do a english accent but we failed miserably so now it was a little joke.