Fifty-Nine

You can't reduce falling in love in one moment.

You will always be my first and last forever.

~LA+DL

~

We decided to walk back. It was a beautiful night and we both needed to cool down.

"Why did you become an FBI agent?" I asked. He knew my story but I knew almost nothing of his and I wanted to change that.

"Well, when I was a kid we didn't live exactly in the best neighbourhood. First I wanted to be a cop but then I realised they have terrible pay and they don't have a lot of jurisdiction. So I decided to be an FBI agent instead when I was like... fourteen. But my dad never approved of that." he frowned a bit.

"You never talk about your family."

"There isn't much to talk about. My dad is a cynic and my mom is the exact opposite. So it'd always go, that my dad said the system was fucked and my mom shushed him and told me to chase my dreams." he smiled and I wondered what that feels like. What it feels like to have both parents, even though they were flawed. I didn't necessarily want to have parents, I was just curious what it feels like to have that feeling.

"Your mom sounds amazing." I squeezed his hand Demont looked down at me.

"She is. And so is my dad. He is just a pessimist but he cares about me and despite everything he supported me. My mom lifts him up and he calms her a bit. They are both a bit crazy."

I smiled. I liked the way he talked about them.

"When I first started training I was naive and then eventually I got my dreams shot down. Everyone was corrupt. Most of them weren't trying to hide it. And it was okay. So I became angry and started picking up fights in the gym. That is how I got the nickname."

"Crude."

"Yeah. Do you remember that girl that beat me in a fight?"

"Of course. I need to meet her..." I sighed longingly.

Demont pinched my cheek and I swatted his hand away with a grin.

"She became my partner after the training. We were really good friends. I still remember that she hates milk in her coffee and that she was lazy as fuck when she got into a mood."

"Should I be jealous?"

"Nope. Not my type."

"Oh, your type huh? Am I your type?" 

"You are my only type."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Right answer."

Demont grinned. We continued walking slowly and I leaned into him.

"Well, she was younger and less experienced. She didn't take the system as well as I did. She went corrupt and almost went crazy but I saw something in her. A fighter. So I told her that she should fight. Because she was stronger. I think she listened because last I heard she was on vacation in Maroko because she busted a whole cartel the other month."

I looked at him and he gazed back surprised by my lack of a smart answer.

"And you ask why you are a brilliant person." I only whisper.

"I know I am." Demont winked but I knew it meant a lot to him.

"It's you that doesn't believe me when I say I didn't fall for your ass just because you are pretty." Demont shrugged but it wasn't nonchalant. As if he really felt sorry that I didn't believe him.

"Well, I just don't see why." I shook my head.

"It's simple. You are this angel in hell and a demon in heaven. You are the rarest diamond because you understand what does it mean to be good and bad. I love how you always try to be better and how you care for people so deeply it almost kills you most of the time. Maybe you aren't a good person. But I would fight the world for you nevertheless. Because you sure as hell aren't a monster."

"When did you know... you know..." I let my question hang at the moment and Demont stopped, pulling me to his chest.

"You can't reduce falling in love in one moment. "

His golden eyes were truth, his red lips were love and the wrinkles around his eyes were happiness this man gifted me every day.

Under the moonlight in the middle of a dark city they called Summerland, under the red lights of the house of sins and in the rain we called love, I kissed the most wonderful creature, perhaps an angel, perhaps a demon and I put into that kiss the words that burned on my tongue:

"You will always be my first and last forever."

We lost ourselves in a haze and a chaotic blur of lust and love.

It wasn't just two bodies fucking each other, connecting and moaning.

It was lips kissing and opening to let out a desperate moan. It was hands sliding down the soft skin of the other. It was sweat running down our touching foreheads. It was his eyes watching mine roll into my head and closing. It was moving hips to each other. It was never sloppy. We didn't chase the high. We tortured each other and fucked slowly and intensely until we didn't know when we fucking came.

Maybe we wouldn't last. Maybe one day, we would wake up and realise we don't need each other anymore. That we are not what we want anymore. But right then? Right then, there was nothing to stop us from loving each other.

Nothing.

~