Fifteen

Yeah, your lungs sure as hell look cool.

~DL

"Who am I supposed to be then?"

"You. You are you."

"It's not that simple, Demont."

"It should be."

~DL+LA

Yeah. Normal doesn't have to be ideal. But fuck if it isn't beautiful sometimes.

~LA

~

"And most of all, I am sorry I hurt you. I am sorry I disappointed you. Because that means you had hope in me, though you couldn't afford it and I fucked it up." he breathed out. He did speeches a lot. I found it endearing.

He watched me frantically, searching. I looked back at him.

"Lovelle?"

I made one step and wrapped my arms around him. I buried my head in his chest. I never hugged him before.

Demont breathed out in relief and snaked his arms around me. I closed my eyes. I missed his scent. The scent of salty waves, bubbling mint tea and windy autumn with golden leaves.

"We aren't strangers."

"I know."

"I'm sorry about your wrist."

"It's fine. You are scary."

I hugged him tighter.

"That was a joke." he chuckled and I shook my head against his chest.

"I can feel your eyeroll, Love."

I laugh. It felt right. It was right. He was my missing piece. I knew it wasn't healthy. I knew. But he was my other half. But I didn't know that yet.

"I am not sorry about taking your cigarette."

"That's alright. I went back in my room and smoked the other one."

"Lovelle," he grumbled.

"I am not stopping smoking. I look cool."

"Yeah, your lungs sure as hell look cool."

I laughed and gripped his shirt in my fist. He sighed in content.

"I missed you," he said. And that night I couldn't say it back but I missed him too. I hugged him tighter and the security felt better than nicotine than coke than sex or ecstasy. He understood my silence.

I let go of him and moved out of the way. We closed the door. I leaned against it and Demont's gaze never left mine as he calmly stood before me.

"I am not a good person, you know?"

My gaze softened. Was it because I told him, I wished he was better than me?

"Yes, you are, Demont."

"No, Love. I am a coward. And a bad person."

"If you are a coward and a bad person, who am I supposed to be then?"

"You. You are you."

"It's not that simple, Demont."

"It should be."

Demont's tongue slid over his teeth and his eyes flashed with mischief.

"You know." he stepped closer.