Fifty-Two

Bell's scream disappeared in a gunshot.

Demont was wrong. We were both wrong. I was a monster.

Demont was going to be my fucking death. My fucking nightmare.

~LA

Let. Her. Go.

~DL

It's not personal. But I will just have to kill you.

~CS

~

I was sitting in a chair. There was dark all around me and I knew I was dreaming. My skin was blood. My legs were shattered bones. My hair was gutted intestines.

I didn't have the right to cry but I felt a hot tear slide down my cheek despite the cage of my nightmare I was trapped in. I couldn't wake up. I heard screaming.

I turned around and around and around... but there was just darkness. And I realised I was the one screaming. I tried to cover my mouth but my hands slid to my throat instead and I suddenly couldn't breathe. Then there was other darkness. My hands were chained to the chair, the metal digging into my skin. My mouth was stuffed with a cloth and I couldn't get out of it.

Like on a projector screen, the darkness before me lit up and I saw that smile. That sweet smile that I've grown to love so deeply I weaped in my sleep.

I struggled against the hold of the chair but it was no use. Demont was preparing to go to bed before me and I just knew, I had to get out of those chains before something happens.

I started to unwrap the chains. They drew blood and I let out a high-pitched scream.

"Elle!"

I was thrown out of my dream. I sat up so quickly, I fell from the bed. I got on my fours and covered my mouth with my hand, breathing heavily. I didn't know what I had just dreamt... I just knew it filled me with an infinite fear and I didn't know what I was afraid of. I gulped, closed my eyes and collapsed, against the side of the bed. I looked at the person who was responsible for my awakening with tired eyes.

"Where is Demont?" asked Bell. I stood up with difficulty. Couldn't people leave me alone, I thought.

"What?" I grimaced in confusion.

"He was supposed to pick up Sheila tonight but he never came. I had to drive her myself." he pointed behind him and I looked at him dizzily.

"Sheila- wait, Sheila didn't fight tonight," I argued.

"Yes. Yes, she had." Bell nodded as if it was obvious.

"No, no, no. I would never forget her fight." I shook my head furiously.

Bell looked at me tensely. He knew he fucked up and I realised why. I marched by him, into Sheila's room. She yelped out, only in bra.

"You were in a fight tonight and you didn't tell me?!!" I barked out.

Oh, I was pissed alright.

"Do you know what could have happened?!" I gesticulated. I didn't care for Bell's hand on my shoulder or that Sheila looked like she just got caught snorting cocaine.

"I'm sorry! I just-"

"You could have come home injured and I didn't have to be here! You could have fucking get stabbed again and I would maybe be too drunk or too tired to stitch you up! What were you thinking?!" I roared. Sheila backed away a bit.