Sixty One

When your heart stops beating... so does mine.

~DL

I made peace with my debt to this world and the nearing footsteps.

You can reduce falling in love into one moment.

~LA

~

I really hoped the intel was right.

Sheila was fighting in the rink and I watched her from the corner of my eye while I searched for him. I knew he would be there. I called him there. Normally I'd lure my contracts somewhere less crowded. I would never execute the contract in the middle of raging crows of box fans.

But this was personal. And I needed to see him when I do my job.

"Oh, where are you, pretty boy," I whispered to myself.

I knew Shaw ordered the Contract because he wanted to torture me. He could do it himself if it was in Sincity. No one cared here. But this job was made for me.

I breathed out slowly and made sure the hoodie was covering me properly. I walked through the crowd. Sheila was winning and the determination in her face almost broke my heart.

"I'm sorry Sheila."

Suddenly I saw the back of his head. I slowly made my way through the crowd. He was looking around, searching for me. I sneaked in behind him and pushed my weapon in his back.

"Move and it will be all over for you."

Gharette gasped in surprise.

"Slowly walk towards the warehouse," I mumbled in his ear. I smelled the sweat running down his back as we started to walk.

"Why are you doing this? Isn't it enough you beat me up?" he whined cowardly. Maybe I did scare him off quite a bit.

I chuckled bemusedly.

"I am not doing this for myself. It seems you have a habit of pissing people off."

We walked into the yard before the warehouse. The blood on the stones was gone because of the rain a couple of days ago but the faint handprint of me pushing the door open with a bloody hand was still there.

"Kneel," I said and Gharette listened shakily.

"You were never a good uncle to her. Her only family left, even a despicable human being you are should've taken care of her. I could have killed you only for that." I hissed. I remembered Sheila's words and the painful longing in her voice and the way she held onto me.

"She's just some kid. She's my brothers... not mine." he twisted the knife in himself and I pushed the weapon in the back of his head. Gharette whined.

"Exactly. She's a kid. And yet her uncle treats her like a thing to play with." I spit out with disgust.

"I might be doing this because of a contract but trust me when I say, it's personal," I whispered.

"Goodbye, Gharette."

My finger found the trigger.

"Goodbye."

I lifted my head quickly. Six of Gharette's trainees surrounded me in a minute. I didn't notice them because of my rage. My eyes widened.

"Drop it!" one of them yelled and I clenched my jaw.

Santiago said they were all out of town.

Fuck.

I listened and lifted my hands up. Gharette stood up and turned to me, the previous shock gone. He knew. He fucking knew.