| 37 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

Start from the beginning

I leave the bathroom's, going back outside to where Mimi was. While I am doing so I hear Jian rushing to my side.

"Don't you have classes?"

"No, I was here to turn in one of my bandmates instruments because he's going to visit his family. Just being a good friend, it's what I do." He shrugs and I snort at his cockiness over something as simple as that. "I'm also intrigued on how they get those picturesque shots! They both are so perfect."

Once we were before them, I saw Mimi and her quite close. He sat crouched on the ground while she laid fully on her one side. They gazed into each other's eyes and I just was...aggravated.

Everyone spoke in Mandarin so I didn't know what they were saying, but I am fluent in facial expressions. Their facial expressions are telling me they are gobbling this up and loving it. I don't know why.

"Wow...their chemistry is through the roofs!" Jian exclaims, shaking his head in amazement.

"Is it now?" I mutter, annoyed that these people were seeing something. All I see is some girl fawning over him while he's doing his job. Or...is he?

No, I can't doubt him like that! There's no point, I know he doesn't like her.

"Know what I have come to notice?"

"No." I mumble with evident irritation in my voice.

I see Jian look at me, and his eyebrow was raised. He didn't seem to realize why I was annoyed, of course he wouldn't realize! Who would think that Mimi and I were together?

No one here would think that!

"This might not be my place, but are you two together?"

I flinch, looking at Jian with wide eyes. He nods at my ring, and then looks over his shoulder at Mimi who had his ring hand on his shoulder. He looks back at me and I kept my lips shut.

"That would make sense because I saw Min-Jun glaring at me yesterday. Not to mention now you seem to despise everything about this..." Jian gets close, patting my chest kindly. "I respect you both if that is the case."

Before I can say anything I was surprised to see Mimi walk between the both of us. He stood in front of Jian who looked down at him. Only to look amazed by his beauty probably.

I knew he had no bad intentions touching me that way, but my chest seems to be a place he goes for the most. To see someone like Jian touch it...?

I wouldn't be surprised if I was in trouble.

"Jianyu...wasn't it?" He asks him, and Jian nods fast in excitement. "Why are you t-touching him?"

Jian frowns at that question, looking up at me only for Mimi's arm to raise up so that his hand was shielding my face from his view.

"I was just asking a question, I met nothing by it - promise." He affirms and I felt a chill go down my spine when he said the word 'promise'... I don't think I should any reaction as Mimi looks over his shoulder to see if I do.

"You're in a band. No one is really on the campus, so why are you? These are private photoshoots so that we can surprise people." Mimi states, and that's when little Ting rushes up.

"Nǐ bù yìnggāi zài zhèlǐ zhè shì wǒmen zàiyīqǐ de shíjiān! Bié gěi wǒmen Jiànyǔ huǐ liǎo!" ( You shouldn't be here this is our time together! Don't ruin it for us Jianyu! ) Ting whines as Jian looked at her in disbelief.

"Wǒ bù shì lái zhèlǐ kàn zhè gè de. Wǒ shì lái bāngzhù yī gè péngyǒu de, túzhōng pèngqiǎo yùdào liǎo lìng yī gè péngyǒu. Zhè yīqiè dū shì guānyú huánjìng de, ér bùjǐnjǐn shì wǒ qiángpò tā fāshēng." ( I didn't come here and intend to see this. I came to help out a friend, and happen to meet another friend along the way. It's all about the circumstances, not just me forcing it to happen. ) Jian tells her calmly but she just pouts as if he was lying.