EXTRA 2: John Knew The Entire Time??

Start from the beginning

"You'll come through the screen and blah, blah, blah." Scarlette says over the line in a mocking tone. "So you kissed a boy. You're calling at nearly two in the morning because...?" 

'God, this bitch's attitude pisses me off to no end.'

"Because I don't know what the bloody hell to do now." Grace whispers hushedly. "I swore I'd never care for someone ever again-"

Before Grace can finish, I hear Scarlett interrupt sarcastically, "The feeling's mutual, babe." 

My heart stops as Grace's words sink in and a wide smile threatens to take over my face, but I stop it before it can.

'That means...that means she likes me.'

'...'

'Right?'

I bite my bottom lip in thought, not really believing I'm actually listening to Grace's conversation about me while she thinks I'm asleep. I feel a little bit guilty about her not knowing I'm awake, but it's a little bit too late for me to fess up.

'Might as well sit back and enjoy the show.'

"I meant a guy, but that'll work too." Grace replies, her voice filled with just as much attitude as Scarlette's.

"Oh just shut up and tell me why the fuck you called me." Scarlett retorted snarkily and I felt Grace's body sag.

"Well...I don't know what to do now." She murmurs, her voice quiet and vulnerable which confuses me even more.

'What is she talking about? Does she...not want to be my friend?'

I'm way too confused for this.

"So you're telling me that you came to a girl who has never had any boyfriends or males in her life besides her brother and cousins and father, for relationship advice?" Scarlett asks amusedly and I could feel Grace's eye roll.

'Doesn't surprise me that Scarlett has never dated anyone. No one would be able to put up with her.'

"Yes, so can you help me?" Grace's voice is filled to the brim with bite and I know her patience is coming to an end.

"Jesus, no need to get testy. I was getting there." Grace exhales a puff of breath angrily and brunette from over the phone continues quickly, finally getting to the point, "What you do depends on several factors: one - how you feel and what you want, two - how he feels and what he wants, and three - if either or both of you has the balls to take a leap or not." Scarlett explains simply and my heart races when it finally hits me.

'Grace is looking to Scarlett for dating advice. Whatever Scarlett tells her to do, she probably will.'

That means my future is in the hand of the foul-mouthed, brunette, feisty short stack.

'Fuck.'

"And how exactly am I supposed to do that when I don't know the answers to any of those questions?" Grace asks blandly and my heart continues to beat out of my chest.

"Well, I can help you with the last two." She answers matter-of-factly and Grace snorts, not sounding convinced.

"Oh? And how is that?"

"John likes you."

...

Fuck.

My entire body freezes. My stomach churns. My heart races.

'No, no, no. This can't be happening.'

"H-he...WHAT??" Grace whispers breathily and I feel my entire body clench, worried about how she's going to react.