| 32 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 + 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

Start from the beginning

That's when I pull away from Mimi, and he looks at me in confusion.

"Kyler how far? I told you to j-just wait." He whines, causing him to pout.

"B-But they made me park! I can't just hog the entrance. That's only for when your dropping people off. You were taking too long and I couldn't fool them anymore. I'm not trying to get in trouble." He folds his arms and shakes his head. "Besides, I didn't park too far. Don't worry."

Kyler smiles brightly at him only for Mimi to look away.

"Travis, this is Kyler. He's probably one of the only people you'll m-meet that have African American descent. He's half Chinese and half of the other - grew up here all his life. He knows all the good places for us to go to." Mimi nods firmly at me.

I look at Kyler and see him give me a firm nod too, smiling. Except I wasn't all that enthusiastic.

"I am fluent in English so you don't have to worry about me not knowing what you say. I'll help anyway I can. Oh!" Kyler took out his phone, and I see him point at an app. "Do you have WeChat?"

"What?"

He glances at Mimi who was just gazing up at me. That's when he looks back at me awkwardly.

"WeChat is a messaging app. It's a free download and an easy way to keep in contact. Min-Jun and I have our whole tennis team added and possibly more. I have about eighty. He has hundreds though." Kyler snorts when Mimi seems to smack back to reality.

Mimi began to shake his head fast.

"I don't r-really talk to them though. I just felt bad because they'd ask for it-."

"That's why you should've just said bùshì." ( no. ) He shrugs, and I'm assuming that meant no.

"I don't mind." He smiles only for Kyler to shake his head. "What?"

"Travis, did you know that he is the most popular student at our uni currently? The girls and boys call him the 'Wang Qiu Wang Zi'," Kyler begins to chuckle when Mimi sighs, "Prince of Tennis."

"Absurd. That's a TV show a-and manga."

"Yeah, but you're so good that they called you it even though it is. You said for them not to call you king, so... It's to be expected." Kyler purses his lips as Mimi shook his head fast.

That's when I found myself becoming annoyed. I saw them speaking to one another on and on about useless shit.

I'm learning from Kyle here that he plays tennis. They are very close it seems...I've never seen this side of him.

It began to hurt again...

"I'm tired of standing here and hearing you guys talk." I say, and Mimi flinches. Kyler just raised his eyebrow at me. "I didn't come here to hear you guys do this."

"What exactly did you come here for? Min-Jun you never said." Kyler grips his chin and looks at me for a bit.

"He's here for me." Mimi says fast, about to grab my hand until I pull it away. I saw the pain that flashed before his features, but I just look away.

I just look forward...not wanting to stand here any longer.

"Looks like I'm the only one who suffered." I state, and I see Mimi just look at me like I was crazy. Kyler turned really fast and nodded forward.

"Let's go. I'll take you both home. There's no point in you two speaking here, it's...uncomfortable." He just chuckles some as he goes walks a little faster.