90 || Two families

One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family

- Jonathan Safran Foer

'•'•'•

A shadow emerged from outside the town, its lithe figure couldn't be seen by the eyes of a normal human being. Ears the color of the moon high above in the sky, its movies into the direction of its a nest, into the heart of the forest she goes and met with her other members.

They howled towards the bright still moon, snouts moving into one another as they greeted with enthusiasm. Soon, a wolf that perfectly matched the sky that serves as the background of the luminous moon came. The grayish wolf sprang its hind and tackle the raven wolf, licking and tugging, the two creatures played on their own as they gradually went away with the members and created their world.

Soon it was time for the run, the largest wolf stood tall in their direction giving off an aura of authority as they bowed their heads and showed their necks in submission. Then the leader of the pack howled to start the run, each with their abilities and specializations, another would surpass the others and that lasted for half an hour.

They moved with swift movements, tugging off the shirts and pants that they hid on the trees and compartments hidden below the ground. They changed back into their human forms, eyes glowing from the dark they finished clothing themselves up and walked to their homes.

"That was fun, it's been quite a long time since I've had a run," Hati says as she skips with her steps, obviously happy at the run.

Hati has already formed a small makeup company that allows natural ingredients and reduces plastic wastes and dangerous chemicals out on the sea. She loves her work although she never did show her face, only a trusted employee delivers her orders to the company.

She too nodded in acknowledgment, her heart was full and it felt like her arms were wings that made her flew off to another dimension.

"Everlyn wanted you to become one of the Godmothers of her child," she says in passing, nervousness washed her and she was immediately embraced by a warm solid chest as she calms herself down.

It's been on her mind as well, she knew that they are different now from Everlyn and to her family, to the town and the world. But she couldn't muster the strength to reject her best friend's initiation of having her and Hati as her child's godmothers.

"Would it be alright?" Hati then looked at Lukka but he was devoid of emotion, she look down to see the anticipation and hidden fear from Selene's eyes and sighed inwardly.

She has also been in contact with Everlyn and finds it warming to be in a scene with a woman that is very much similar and compatible with her personality.

"Of course, I mean I have become her friend as well and we still chatted at times besides I wanted to see who was the guy that she married. Maybe it'll be much handsome than Skoll" she jokes and earned a scoff from behind.

"I think you're underestimating the handsome divine looks of your brother"

"No, you're definitely not divine but demonic" she resisted the urge to laugh while Hati rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Anyways, wasn't Everlyn the girl who blushes constantly when she saw me? How come she doesn't like me anymore?" Skoll joked, he has seen Everlyn after all when we were in the cafe and known her after being good stories about her from her sister and Selene.

"That just proves that your so-called handsomeness isn't enough for women to go through lengths to have you," Hati said in scorn and left after seeing her brother wanting to fight with her.

Luna came to her side and asked her if her family wanted to meet them. She blushed automatically at the thought of it. Something like two families meeting together feels like they're about to talk about marriage and it was a far cry from that. 

"We still haven't yet been approved by my family"

"That's fine, we can wait. You Lukka, you should do everything to earn their forgiveness after all you're in the wrong" I took delight after seeing the awkward nod from Lukka and when Luna left, I was suddenly embraced by the waist.

"Having fun seeing me in the limelight?" I giggled uncontrollably after being prickled by his unshaven chin.

"Yeah!" I answered chirpily and find myself bending down in laughter after being tickled to my waist. "Lukka! S-stop!"

"Ugh, you love fools! Stop damaging my eyes and ears!" Fenrir shouted from behind making Lukka flashed a dangerous glint in his eyes which led to Fenrir running with his tails tucked. That whole situation was seen by the twins and his siblings which made them laugh.

Soon they reached the packhouse, each did their duties before being called to the living room for a meeting. It was something that Selene asked for Maico, she wanted to have a plan for her future after all she has also become one of them.

"The future is long that's all I could say" Fenrir states, she didn't heed his words in mind and looked at Luna who was the wisest among them.

"Lukka has already discussed your concern with us, I'm glad that you two are considering each of your future"

She looked on her right with a touching expression, she caught his hand tightly to her and leaned closer to him. Skoll made a vomiting sound earning a slap on the back of his head.

"Quiet down! The twins are much mature than all of you!" Maico scolded making the twins swell in pride and sat up straight while the triplets looked at each other with disdain.

"Anyway, we will respect your decisions, we may not tell them who we truly are but we could give them some idea and heads up," Luna says and it luckily coincides with what we have in our minds.

"Thank you, Luna, Maico" she gave the two leaders a bow of gratitude and promised that she would never forsake the lives of her members and hers.

She was very lucky to have very supportive members, it was like her family was extended into another group or species and it warms her heart to see them alive and well.

Her worries and concerns are now halfway solved, she could see her family having a quite good impression of Lukka after seeing his efforts and love that shows through his every action.

The future may belong for her but when with him, it would be worthwhile.

***
Chapter 90 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!