22 || Meeting the Alpha

Wolves are not ruled by law. They are ruled by the alpha wolf's policy. Individual wolves can do anything not prohibited by the alpha-wolf. They can do anything they can get away with doing. To the wolf - breaking sheep law or the alpha wolf's policy only becomes serious if caught. Getting caught is everything.

- Richard Kelly Hoskins

'•'•'•

You get the feeling of waiting in line where a customer was ordering such difficult things to the server or when the train conductor announced that there's some maintenance check and that you have to wait but doesn't tell you when it'll end? That's what it feels like to wait and I've never been a fan of waiting.

Especially when my heart couldn't stop beating profusely or when I couldn't sit still because I know I have to do something or else I'll go crazy thinking about waiting.

The keys dig through my palm as ideas of rejecting the meeting flashed back and forth in my head.

"You have a date, Selene?" I almost jumped off of my seat when I heard my mother's sudden question.

"I don't!" Mom has her brows cocked up as if she didn't believe my words and I groaned out loud. "I don't mother, I never have and probably never wi-" I was cut off when I heard the door rings and like the superhero the flash, I flew to my seat and opened the door.

It was Lukka, he was dressed in a simple black turtle neck along with some jeans while I on the other side looks like a balloon who was pumped with clothes consisting of a sweater, scarf, and jeans along with some boots.

"Let's go, quick!" I tugged his wrist and was about to leave the house when the door opened with my Mom flashing a smile that states 'I knew it' on me.

"Selene, I didn't know you have a visitor, come on in" I could feel Lukka's gaze drilling into me and I put on a regretful smile to my mother.

"I'm sorry mom but we've got plans to do, maybe next time?" I suggested just to get her off of me never knowing how much of an idiot I was to think that my mother would just let me off like that, but that's in the future.

"Okay then, see you later honey and your friend is always welcome here" her eyes twinkled and I wince mentally, I'm sure she's got plans already in her head.

I waved goodbye to my mother and see Lukka still standing at the side, not budging as I motioned my eyes at him to follow me. What is he doing?

"I'll take care of your daughter" I bit my lower lip seeing my mother's smile widening up till it reaches her ears.

"Thank you.." She trailed off and I knew she wanted to know his name but I wasn't ready for him to meet my family so I tugged him forcefully, his body was much stronger and fit than mine but I easily dragged him out of our front yard.

"Bye, mom! See you later!" I get into my car which my grandma from my father's side brought got me and left my house.

I don't think I'll survive another interrogation from mom, I barely survived Everlyn's lash and now I have to bear another.

I glance at the culprit which eyes met mine and I started at the road again, I don't want to have a car accident and be in the papers with a title that states: Teenager got into a car accident by looking at her handsome passenger!

"So... he knows about me?" It's been weeks since I've been in their home, I was busy working and preparing myself for college that I haven't had the time to meet them.

"He does" he was back to his short answers.

"He's not going to prevent me from meeting you guys anymore right?" I asked cautiously, I'm meeting their leader and probably gonna get myself shitting in my pants.

Wolf pack leaders are more territorial and protective of their members. They rule the pack with their rules and maintain order along with the other members of the pack. They are stronger, with violent tendencies that surface when they're in a fight and are disrespected and is domineering in nature.

"He won't" he sure sounds confident, I just hope he stays that way when I get myself thrown out of their homes.

As we neared the forest, I could feel my nerves bunching up into a ball of stress until I sweated in the cold weather. I breathed in and out, tried to calm my raging nerves when a voice pierced my growing anxiety.

"Don't worry, he's a great guy"

I turn my head to see his eyes trained on me, his calm demeanor affected me in a great way and I soon find myself settling down.

"Thanks" I murmured and soon we trek to their place, my heart begins to picked up when we reached their home after a forty-minute journey.

"Selene's here! Ohh! She looks like a scaredy-cat!" Fenrir was on his usual way again, teasing me and he better be thankful that I find that calming now or if I wasn't in this kind of situation I would've retorted back at him.

"You're here babe" Skoll was about to put his arms on my shoulder when he was pushed off by Lukka. "Lukka, man, why'd you do that?" He complained but there was still mischief clear in his eyes.

"Excuse me, the goddess is coming through!" I heard Hati's voice and saw her coming her way in between her two brothers. "Selene!"

The triplets were dressed in festive red and I see how many little clothes they put on even on the coldest nights of January, I presume it must be their body's natural warmth that kept them away from the frigid bite of winter.

Her eyes met mine and she clasps my hand with me, her sight met Lukka as well and send a wriggle of her brows on me.

I saw Luna's twins staring at me, they were silent as always and just looked at the sidelines. I have a feeling that they've seen this thing a lot of times.

"You're finally here Selene, come, let's meet our alpha" Luna held my trembling hand which I just now started to realize, I was trembling. I could feel my knees weakening as we reached the stairs, just a few steps, and well reach the hallway where the office is situated.

Behind that door is their alpha, someone with a much higher standing and power. He could easily snap my neck off and-

"Let's go" I look at the hand that held my wrist, it was warm amidst the thickness that was buried in my clothes. Lukka was looking at me with his still presence, the fact that his mere presence gives me that boost of confidence and calmness still awes me

"Okay"

***
Chapter 22 is out! Hope you like this chapter!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!