48 || Meeting her parents

Wherever we travel to, the wonderful people we meet become our family.

- Lailah Gifty Akita

'•'•'•

Eyes blinking profusely as I watch the man that has crept up his solitude self in my heart step on my home, to the place where I lived for most of my life and to where my family resides.

He was bathed in brilliance, his usual cold and rigid stature modified into a much gentle and warmer aura that caught me off guard. His hair was tuck in a sleek, neat style while his usual stony cold eyes reveal the fondness that he once restrained and is now radiating from him. He looks fresh out of a magazine but the way he withholds himself with nonchalance and self-control makes him even more unique, charming to the eyes of anyone.

What could have made him this unique in my existence?

Maybe it was because of the glowing shade of his eyes, one that I had marked as my favorite out of the shades of any blue color. Maybe it was also the way he dressed without caring much of the society's opinion and seeing how it matches with his every stride, confident and sharp. Maybe it was also the mixture of the woods and the rain as well as his natural scent that made me want to be near him at times. Maybe it was the gentleness that exists in his action every time he took care of me, or sometimes the firm resolution that he imposes just to keep me in safety.

There's a lot of reason why he made his way into my life and successfully transitioned on it.

But now that he's truly here in the steps of my home, staring at me with those blue fond eyes that I just can't seem to be bored of, I now am facing a new dilemma- him going to my home and introducing himself as my boyfriend.

Of course, I didn't know that it was his intention at first and just freaked out but that would be later.

"Selene who is it?"

I now finally rendered out of my thoughts and heard my mother's voice closer so I gathered myself together and hastily made plans.

"Just a friend I- I'll go talk to them!" I yelled quickly and step out of our porch and took him with me.

Seeing that I'm a block away from my home I finally faced him and asked in urgency.

"Why are you here? Did something happen? Are we gonna die?!" I would have never thought simply of him coming here in my home unannounced.

It could probably be the last time that I'll see him alive and maybe I would soon become a bitten wolf and die in his arms and the-

"I wanted to visit your family"

"W-What?"

My brain fell into a short circuit and I hear myself asking out loud why- it was unexpected for him to say those words and I never would have associated it with him telling those, I would have no trouble believing him If he states that he wanted us to stay at home and avoid going out.

"I wanted them to know about us" his voice held urgency and as well as pleading, I never thought that he would be the one initiating this.

"So you want to meet my family?" I said, my brows still furrowed as I struggle to get it to be understood by my mind.

I just thought that it's fine that we're now together and I never did consider telling my parents because I know they wouldn't be able to know about him truly and be there in our future.

He's in a different world from us and I don't expect that things would be easy for us.

"Yes. Only if you want me to and I'm sorry I came here unannounced I was just... my wolf had already established a bond with you. We wanted to be with you every single day, every time of the day, just with you. It's hard... my control is snapping and I- I don't want to push you too much"

His words were truly awakening, it wasn't just that was affected by the bond and he too was affected, much harder than me. There might be things that made him feel overwhelmed and the way his wolf craved for freedom and just to be together with me at all times must have given him a hard time.

To even feel included, for him to want to know and listen to my opinions just warms my heart.

"I'm sorry I didn't know-"

"No, it wasn't your fault-" I cut him off and continued.

"- and yes, I want to shout to the world that you are mine and the first step is to introduce you to my family"

He has already introduced me to his world, allowed me in his pack, and brought me to his family who is now constantly supporting as well as treated me as their own.

How could I not let him into mine?

"You would? Now?" The look on his face was that of shock which I never saw on him, it made him more humane, a touch of emotion that I have discovered.

"You don't want to?" I teased him and he was instantly upon his feet.

"I do! Let's go now?" I took his hand and we step on the familiar path towards my home, heart beating like drums as I tried to calm myself.

I felt like passing out, as I look into the corner of my eyes I saw him with a solemn but calm expression. He was holding well even though he would be meeting my parents for the first time. It was both relieving and unfair, I think it's me here that was seriously getting anxious.

"Oh we should knock first"

"Oh yeah uh sorry"

I snorted at his mistake, he almost went straight to my home and as soon as I squint enough I could see the slight panic in his eyes. So he was also feeling it then, I thought it was just me.

"Ready?"

"Always" he gave me a tight smile and squeezed my hand before I faced our house's door and knock on it.

So, I was in for a treat.

***
Chapter 48 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!