34 || Witches on search

A Witch is a person who has honestly explored their light and has evolved to celebrate their darkness.

- Dacha Avelin

'•'•'•

It wasn't long before the people in the town found out about the hidden party that took place in Bert's place and almost all of them expressed disappointment and anger at the inappropriate move that the young adults of Wilsbrein did. The people caught from yesterday's party were given a fine and was given a strict lecture from the police.

Thankfully my parents did not know of my affiliation to the party since some did leave the party early and the others, well, let's just say they're too unlucky.

"Those students must be out of their minds to arrange a party in the middle of trouble! Are their parents out and doesn't care for them?" My loving mother erupted in anger after knowing the unlucky students in my college were a part of this party, even worse, my class ate was the one who made it happen in his home. 

"Calm down honey-" my father was frightened off by mom's act of turning her head in his direction while holding a knife in her hand. "Yeah you're right those students are too unruly and deserved to be punished!"

Mom sighed deeply and placed the knife on the counter before taking a sit in between me and dad, George was playing Xbox in our living room since his tv got broken.

"I'm worried that we wouldn't be able to find the missing people here in our town and worst, it could be one of you"

Her worries are not unfounded but the guilt of not telling her fully about what is truly happening creeps up on me. Knowing the fact that the people who got lost are all dead and are being hunted by the pack and how a deranged banished werewolf wanted to kill all the residents here in this town terrifies me.

The room quieted down after hearing mom's worries, dad even sighed along with her while George stiffened at the corner. We both fell into a low atmosphere and knew that the situation has befallen such stillness in our once cheerful home.

We get on our way to finish our tasks, mom was left in the kitchen since she's experimenting with some new flavor combos which George will taste test to see if it was possible. I and George used to do that when we were young and since I still have something to do which all college students know, a thesis paper, I have to rack my brain cells for it to function again so I don't have the time for any taste test. My father on the other hand already left, since the tourism in this town was really affected by the missing cases the mayor decided to increase the production of wine to combat the decreasing capital of this town.

...

The vial still shimmered in purple light, it hasn't been used for years after all there was no use for it but considering the events that happened yesterday, it was enough for Maico to get the help of someone.

There had been three missing people in the party yesterday, one that they had learned from Selene when her boss suggested for them to lay low, which means that the wolf they are looking for fled under their noses once more.

The triplets gathered every person's name that went to the part yesterday but nothing came up. They have searched the police headquarters but none was amiss, it could only lead to one thing, the wolf snuck out to the party knowing that they were there waiting for him to appear.

It seems like they have been fooled.

"Are you sure you want to contact her Maico?" Luna was greatly worried about their quest to find her.

This person is unpredictable, not just her whereabouts but also the things she wanted as compensation for her work, after all, she's a witch.

The Salem witch trials had all the innocent and the true witches killed, it was a massacre and one slight suspicion was enough to bestow a death sentence to someone. With that being said, witches have now become utterly furious at the humans they have once helped and refused anything that deals with them.

"I am, we cannot deal with someone who has dealings with a witch" it was the only explanation that they could gather. For a wolf to be this slick in escape, it must have been made successfully with the help of a witch, after all, hiding one's scent is also something only a witch would concoct.

Luna's children snuggled beside her, they wanted to be near their mother after getting blasted with human beings. Wolves are unrestrained and live in the vast forest without restrictions and only when they get into a school did they feel that they are being restrained. Like animals on a cage being taught to become a pet for humans.

Maico mind linked everyone in the dining room, the triplets jumped into their seats while Lukka calmly took the time to sit with Maico. The room descends into a stillness, each of them has its thoughts of why they were called here in the middle of doing business.

"I have decided to get help from a witch"

His decision shocked everyone except Luna, their eyes wide and brows furrowed at his unexpected announcement.

"They're not to be trusted easily" Lukka mentioned, it was true since witches have become more fickle as time passed by.

"I have her favor"

Getting a witch's favor is a big matter, for it to happen one must have done something to a witch to earn her favor and it must be something that is quite hefty.

"Won't you regret wasting her favor for this matter we're facing?" Skoll asked, in his mind is how precious a witch's favor that is now being wasted to a wolf that they could easily kill, besides, they would outnumber it.

"We are losing time" Lukka's face relaxed after hearing his leader's decision.

He was still getting nightmares of Selene dying in his arms and he has devoted all of his time to finish this dangerous situation for her. Although it was too early to say that he loves her, he knew in his heart that he would regret it if he didn't protect her.

"We're leaving today" Maico announced, the sooner the better they leave since they do not know when the banished wolf will take action and let out several bitten wolves to the public. "Lukka, you will come with me"

"Don't worry, I'll be with Selene at all times" Hati asserted, she knew that Lukka won't be able to focus himself on his task if he knew that his mate is out of his reach and in a precarious situation.

"Okay, please, make sure she's safe" she nodded with confidence, her heart wishing that someone would also worry about her safety like a mate would but she knew it wasn't time yet.

It was decided, they will leave and hopefully, they get the answers they've been longing to know.

***
Chapter 34 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!