70 || A long night

Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness.

- Poppy Z. Brite

'•'•'•

Black heavens span across the vast sky with the deep silver moon as its companion. Through the sea reflected the lonely moon, its brilliance the color of melted platinum as its orb shape beguiled those who are wide awake at night.

It was a full moon, one that she had always admired in the past and is now the blame for her resentment.

The woods were shrouded in darkness, one may get swallowed by it but with the moon landing its luminous ray on the millimeter space provides light to an unknown visitor.

His steps were that of silence, not even a soul could hear nor see the valuable figure that treks the forest in the middle of the night.

She in turn was caged like a wild beast, perhaps this is what it feels like being one of those circus animals, being caged for their whole life and only death could free them.

Her wolf whined in her head, yapping for freedom which she agreed- one thing that they reached consensus for but she knew it wasn't that easy.

As the night progressed she could feel her body heating up, it started to her fingers and down to her feet, through her head, she felt her brain being fried and her heart beating abnormally fast.

"Hot... Help... Please" she begs for the cold that would pour comfort to her burning soul, she didn't care less if members would see her tugging her shirt out and just did it.

Hati and Luna met eyes, deep inside their calm exterior was the worry that was bugging them for the past days.

"She needs him" Luna says in a steady tone despite the worry that could be seen in their eyes.

"That bastard, he's late, we've been waiting for him for so long and he's still not here despite the danger that Selene could face" Hati swears in annoyance but then again in her mind she worries that he might not be permitted to leave by that witch.

Mates are sacred, they would die for each other to ensure the safety of the other. Two souls intertwined. One breath in two bodies. Mates.

Selene groaned in pain, her hands clawing into the ground making it bleed but they didn't want to tie her down with silver chains, the one thing that could avoid this situation from happening. They held her in one hand, her shouts of agony rang into the forest ground.

Her skin was like that of molten lava, even her tears were hot as they fell on their bare arms. She once again gasps in pain and as the night deepens changes could be seen clearly in her body.

She started to thrash out of their hold, she growled and even snap back at them, her wolf was now in control.

"This is not a good thing" Hati began to get worried, even Luna couldn't maintain her calmness.

But then the situation got even worse when sounds of howls rang into the forest and they were given an order from their mind link that their territory has been breached.

At this time there are unmated wolves that would trespass on another's land in the full moon of a mated female, it was valid for them to do that since those who let their wolf lose control are those who are juvenile wolf's.

There would be bloodshed if Lukka still didn't arrive and speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"You're finally here" Luna states but her voice still trembled in the end, after all, she looks at Lukka like a child, all of them is a child in her heart. 

"Fucking great timing don't you think so Lukka?" Hati sarcastically says and gives him a pointed look.

As he walks closer and the light bathed on his appearance, they could see that he has changed. He was much stronger, his emotions are hidden deep beneath his eyes, and even the way he holds himself was clear of the full control of his beast.

The moment Selene smelled a male wolf, one that she is mated to, she begins to lean in his direction and soon got out of her shackles and throw herself at him.

There was no shame but only the instinct of a beast on heat. Her hands fluttered into his skin, the molten lava-like skin met his penetrating cold ones and she sighed in relief.

"We will leave her to you Lukka, please don't make anything that would make you regret more" Luna states in the end before leaving with Hati, the two of them closed the door and dealt with the juvenile wolf howling for the mated she-wolf in heat.

There were only two of them in the room, their bodies stuck to each other as her temperature rose and fall.

"Help... please... Lukka" she whined in pain and held his hand, her legs circling his wait as she finds herself stuck to him like a koala.

His eyes that were once hidden beneath his stoic exterior cracked and he finds himself looking at her in fondness. His fingers gently tucked away from the stray hairs that fell on her cheeks.

Her body was slippery from sweat, even in a distance, he could smell the sweet intoxicating scent that only she could produce. It was making him drunk, her touch, her smell, and everything around her screams to be taken into possession.

But he retained his sanity, he doesn't want to take her like a beast and claim her without her permission. She was doing this out of instinct is out of her mind due to the heat.

"Selene, Selene"

He called her name over and over again, one word that he dare not mutter in the past eight years in fear of going back to her side. He cherished this little time of being with her, embrace the body of the person he wanted to engrave for the rest of his life.

It was a long night but he felt that it was short, too sudden that he wanted it to be forever.

***
Chapter 70 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!