25 || Bloody red eyes

When in danger or doubt, run in circles, scream, and shout.

- Herman Wouk

'•'•'•

Random scribbles of letters were coated in black ink as the woman in front of the screen continuously explain the importance of Calculus, in my ear, it was just another bee buzzing continuously in a never-ending loop. My eyes stray away from the blinding notes or the lack of it that I took and gaze fondly at the outside of my window where the forest can be seen. Its existence calling for me, whispering its adventure, and letting the desire to go ran chaos within me.

"I'm going crazy" I just finished a week of classes and I'm already exhausted by the end of it.

College was pretty much the same in high school but the difference is that it somewhat prepares you for what you're future job holds and is more specific, subjects that are given to you that will help you in your future job.

"Honey, dinner's ready!" Mom called out and I get off of my bed and put on my furry slippers before getting down.

"Where's George?" George's famous sour face wasn't included in the dining room and I turned to mom to hear her answer.

"He's with his friends, don't worry" Well as much as I hate Simon and his any of friends, I couldn't say that all of George's friends were spoiled rotten, some of them are pretty chill to hang out with.

We started dinner but my mind continues to drift along the woods, there's like a hollow in my chest that needs to be continuous, supplied with visits to the woods, and I can't help but get irritated at that fact. I am finally feeling the struggle between two worlds and it is not fun.

Soon, night descended and there's a fire burning in me, it was worse than a fever and much more like a withdrawal symptom that I needed to get ahold of but has given up already.

I was all bundled up when I finished getting all the warm, thick clothes that I need for when I go at night. I hesitate to stel out and do the unthinkable, sneaking out of my own house but there was no turning back when my free won. My back sweated either from the heat that penetrates my clothes or the anxiety that seeps into my bones, heart threatening to burst out of my ribcage as I stride with careful steps downstairs. Such slow paces awfully increase the anxiety accumulated in my way to satiate my greed.

Soon, as my hands grew clammy from sweat, I finally entered my car and turned on the ignition while murmuring prayers to not let my parents heard of this matter.

The car drove into a familiar route, the woods begin to call for me louder like waves crashing down on my ears, threatening to make me deaf from its roar. The snow began to form a cave-like structure, a rock full of pure snow, and an ice wonderland was seen in the darkness that seems to drag me from the warm comforts of my home.

I didn't know why I was here and the only thing I could do was to make the most out of my unexpected visit to the woods.

I begin to walk to the familiar path that has led me to the wolf's den, my eyes gathered the snow and all I could sense was the darkness that seems to linger like a ghost in my figure. I began to fasten my pace, my forehead breaking into a sweat as I turn into a full-fledged running. No reason was said for why I was running.

Then I heard a growl.

My skin prickled in fear, hair standing up as I quickly turn my head and as if it was in a slow-motion picture, I saw the blood-red eyes of a wolf, its fangs dangerously closed to me, dripping with blood which I prayed to not be a human that was preyed on.

I couldn't shout, like a muted person my heart in my throat, eyes widened in fear, and heart dangerously pounding as if it will be the last time it will beat.

It was massive and terrifying, something that I didn't find now in Lukka's form and soon I was chased till I had myself close to the ground, the icy snow burned its way into my bleeding hand.

Then I closed my eyes, foolishly waiting for death, then reopened it.

He was here.

It was a sense, an invisible link, a sound that was only clear to me. He will arrive. And he did.

His wolf was much more massive than the red-eyed wolf, towering over its snapping form and soon, it cowered into the end with its own blood pooling on its own body.

The now vicious wolf lay there in cold blood.

And I watched all of it, my eyes wide open even though I couldn't comprehend what was truly happening and how it came up to be.

I was shaken with two comforting hands, his were warm against my freezing ones as he continuously called for my name. 

"Red... eyes red... Ugh" I vomited out the rest as if I could erase the fact that I had almost died in the hands of a ferocious wild wolf.

"Shh... you're okay, you're safe now" he kept on repeating that until I believed him, the tremors of my body finally withdraw and I could now hear everything crystal clear. 

"Lukka" I cried out his name, tears pooling into my sockets as I held his waist, wishing to do myself into his skin.

He sweeps me off of my feet and proceeds to walk to their home, my eyes were still unclear from the tears as I lay my head to his chest, hearing the loud pounding of his heart until I breathed out in peace and eventually fell asleep.

***
Chapter 25 is out! Hope you like this chapter everyone!

Have a great day! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!