19 || Shopping with the Werewolves

Christmas: A demonic event that brings madness to all

- Gaikotsu Shotenin

'•'•'•

The mall was populated at this very exact moment, cars pooled the parking lot, almost every parking space was taken, and only after a ten-minute search was I able to find an empty parking space. Massive plastic bags, shopping carts filled the parking lot as another batch of customers and visitors, with their colorful attires, filled the entrance.

As we walked in, the heat blast coming from the ac surrounds my body and I finally stop the chattering of my teeth. Chatters grew louder, high-pitched yelps from children as the song Jingle bell rang across the mall. Both Hati and Luna winced at the none stop chattering, I can imagine it being ten times louder than they're used to. This is one of the reasons why I hated going to populated areas and would rather rot inside my room.

Entering inside, I could see a massive queue of people, mostly families getting their picture taken by Santa, children screaming and crying as they begged their parents to take another photo of him and some who were just too afraid of the big bulky frame and fake white mustache of this man pretending to be Santa.

"So this is Christmas" Hati mused and whistles seeing the amount of red color filling the entire place. Looking at her dress, it was all red up to her make-up and her shoes.

She must have love red.

"Yes I love red" she grins at me and I sheepishly smiled at her. "That's why seeing this, I think I'm in heaven"

"Well, let's go and buy some food and ornaments to celebrate Christmas" Luna suggested, she must have seen the curiosity in my eyes as she continued. "We do celebrate Christmas you know? It's just we have a lot of time, an awful lot that we decided to have some fun with ourselves"

I nodded, that's true, I did read it into one of the pages of my grandma's book stating that werewolves do indeed aged but they aged slowly than an average person. They are not immortals.

We then head off to the food aisle and goodness me, there's an awful lot of people. I think every people that live here in Wilsbrein decided to come to visit the mall, of all times.

"Everything smells disastrously foul" I heard Hati says in distaste, werewolves have their senses heightened, I can only imagine how terrible it is to be in a space filled with different people in varying scents and colognes.

"Let's take a basket each and get it finished so we don't have to say here for longer" Luna advised and we all took a basket each with a list of ingredients to take.

Since the mall was populated with almost half of the people living here in this small town, there's just a small amount of space to move, and to top it all, children running around aimlessly at the narrow aisles makes it harder for me together with the ingredients I needed.

"Hey there sexy, wanna meet up after this?" Ugh, another horny man who wanted to get laid has come into this place.

"Thanks for the compliment but no" I swung my head and saw the familiar flaming fire of a hair of Hati. There she was being hit on by a greasy-looking man who could pass as an uncle, I strode forwards amidst the full-packed crowd with the basket full of ingredients in my right hand.

"Don't be like that you know? You should take my number-"

"I said no" she was getting annoyed and even in this place I'm currently in, I can see it clearly. I swear if that greasy guy didn't take the obvious hint of refusal from Hati then he's a peanut-sized brain guy.

"Are you really going to be like that? Ha! I know you, girls, like acting coy all the time so spare me with all those bullshits!"

As I finally got myself out of the tuna can-like crowd, I saw Hati kicking the man on his groin and with a painful shout, he attracted everyone's attention. God, do these people suddenly got blind? Now their eyes cleared after that greasy guy got retaliated!

"Come on!" I pulled Hati's hand and we pushed and shoved against the sea of crowds and left the scene.

The lines were filled with people and there's no doubt we'll be here for an hour. We could only wait for our turn, Luna must be still inside, I've never seen her figure lining up.

"Tch, you shouldn't have pulled me, I could have ended that fools li-"

"Shh! You can't say those words!" I put a stop to her threatening words and calmed her. "Low-life scums like him shouldn't cost our time for Christmas, let us just forget about him okay?"

"Fine" I sighed in relief and finally met Luna who has her hands full, three whole turkeys, a massive amount of various meat, and some side dishes that consist of mac and cheese, potatoes, and corns as well as pumpkin pie.

"That's so many" my eyes bulge looking at the amount of food she has,  looking at the ingredients in my hand, this must be for the stuffing in the turkey.

"Well, I've got us some wine" I don't think that looks like some Hati, you literally bought over fifteen bottles of wine.

The line took an hour, by the time it was our turn, it was already lunch and my stomach rumbled at the greatest time.

"I'm sorry Selene, we forgot the time, how about we eat first?" Luna suggested and I can only nod while she gently nodded at me then fished the grocery box that amounts to 5 kilos like a pro.

My heart pumped fastly and could only smile at them like it was a normal thing to see. I ran off to them after almost getting a heart attack.

Seems like they really don't worry about getting caught then.

***
Chapter 17 is out! Hope you like this chapter!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!