53 || Stay

For your every tear, know that I'll always be here. To bear one pain we both will share, know I'll never disappear.

- Anthony Liccione

'•'•'•

Lights glowed into the living room as my parents wake back and forth in both panic and fear as soon as they've heard of what happened a few moments ago on the north side of the town.

My wrist throbbed in pain from the tight grip that my father had on me when he ran back to follow me outside. I remember myself getting dragged into the house, I was screaming to him that I needed to find them but my father locked the doors and the windows after my mother calmed me down.

My father did apologize after but he still sternly lectured me of what would have happened if I stayed for too long knowing that wolves attacked the town.

Wolves.

It couldn't be them, I knew it in my heart, but it was the one that they tried so hard to locate. Now, it brought terror and hate to the people that had their family lost from it in the blink of an eye. I can't even imagine what I would have done if it was my parents' body laying down on the ground or worse getting killed by the pack members that I am a part of after being infected.

Both guilt and relief overflowed in me, it was sickening to be relieved at the fact that my family lived on the south side of the town and guilt that a lot of people including all ages died.

"Here"

My brother, George, pushed a glass of water to me which I took from him and murmured a weak thank you. My throat was now painfully raw from the shout that I did before, it did soothe the pain but I still couldn't stop my hand from trembling.

Thankfully George was quick to his feet and took the glass from my hand which I almost spilled. He sets it on the table, his face sporting a serious expression and then he asked.

"Was it Lukka's pet that did it?"

"No! It was not them!" The moment I heard Lukka's name I immediately reacted and rejected his words. His eyes narrowed at my overt reaction but I just stared at him straight, I wasn't lying, there is no falsehood in the words I have said.

"Really?"

"Wolves do not just attack people, there has to be a reason; either it was a rabid wolf or it was provoked by a human" I explained calmly but the nails in my hand were digging painfully in my palm.

He didn't ask questions anymore and turned to his phone, I released a shaky breath that I was struggling to keep and picked my phone. On every social media, there was the news of a wolf attacking humans and killing them, there wasn't enough time for them to film the humungous wolf that attacked the residents but it was enough for every people to pay attention to.

My heart kept on beating loudly, only God knows how frightened I am when I learn of the fact that a werewolf appeared in everyone's eyes. Though they must not have been aware of the difference between wolves and werewolves since they still couldn't see early the difference between wolf and dog, it must have caused them questions.

Maybe after their hate and fear that overwhelmed their senses lessened then they would be able to notice that it wasn't just a simple wild animal that attacked them- instead, it was a mythical creature they thought was just a myth.

"We will send you to your grandparents tomorrow"

Our father suddenly came in and announced, her face paled and she almost wanted to oppose their plans for them when her mother throws her a look.

"Selene, George, this town may not be safe today and we need you two to be safe first" her tone comforted them but the fear was brought back soon when they realized it would just be them.

"You won't go with us?" George panicked and his tone wobbled at the end. It would be a ten-hour drive from their grandparent's house to their home, it would be a long and tiring journey.

"We still have some things to fix here, don't worry, we'll come soon the moment everything is finished here" their father patted their backs and promised them their comeback.

She can't leave, she just couldn't. What if the people who hated them discovered their existence? What if they get treated unfairly because one of their own went evil? What would they do if they couldn't fight back and leave?

What would she do if she doesn't see them again? If Lukka wouldn't be able to stay with her anymore?

Just the thought of that made her want to bawl but she stopped herself in time. It wasn't the time for tears, she needs to be strong.

"I'll stay here with you"

"Selene!"

"Please mom, let me stay here" her eyes brimmed in tears, helplessness washed over her expression, and her parents couldn't help but frown.

"Why?" Her mother asked, her voice soft like the gentle embrace that soothed her of her nightmares.

"Because they need me"

She didn't further explain who she was talking about, it was clear that it was important for her to even stay here in this town that was bridled in danger and rejects to leave for a safe haven.

The long night seemed to have gone on forever, the sky was now enveloped with the warm rays coming from the sun that was thought to never awaken before.

Yesterday seems like a nightmare that was thought to pass after tomorrow comes. The ruins in the northern part of the small town of Wilsbrein were now a sight to behold, blood seems to seep into the hard ground and the fear made one choke. The houses were burned to ashes and the smell of burnt woods could still be smelled from afar. Police officers were stationed in the place where the incident happened, yellow tapes were evidence of what had transpired the night before.

The school was suspended, the people that had their homes in ruins were evacuated into the classroom. Police officers patrolled every nook and cranny of the town, every neighbor helped to gather food and clothing for the people that got their houses burned from the fire.

It was desolate, she shivered not from the harsh wind but the aftermath that her eyes set upon. This site just strengthens her will to stay here and help her pack members.

Because not every hero wear capes, sometimes they look like the beasts lurking into the shadows and they also need help.

***
Chapter 52 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you! The