57 || Resuming life

Sometimes you have to lose all you have to find out who you truly are.

- Roy T. Bennett

'•'•'•

How would you resume your life once it stopped?

I've watched some movies describing the pain that one would have when their hearts broken, read some of the most bitter poems that were written due to the throbbing pain that one encounter in love.

I have yet to feel it in my life and now that I have, now that I let someone in my life- literally gave them the power to crush my heart thinking that they would cherish it was just pure nonsense.

Life wouldn't be called life it hasn't given you the most painful struggles that made you want to just give up.

Honestly, I have always believed that love is just a simple thing, life is what makes love hard. Love is an emotion that is felt over time, one that could also fade away in the wisp of years. It's just simple- you love another person and hope that he will be 'the one and live a happy ending together.

Except it's not.

Love is work, you work hard to make it happen, you push yourself to give time and affection to the person that you have promised your heart for. It's a give and takes situation, you allow yourself to grow out of your insecurities and immaturities in a relationship, and on the other hand, you learn.

And that's what I kept telling myself, that this is just a trial in life and I should keep my feet running, that the journey hasn't ended and I just stumbled.

But it hurts.

"I got some milk and cookies honey" I heard my mother say outside the door, I hummed in reply but didn't move an inch away from my bed.

Her steps were soft as if she wasn't inside my room, it took me seconds to notice that my mother was gently caressing my hair and that brought tears to my eyes again.

"You know honey, I can't protect you from heartbreak but remember that I would always be your number one supporter" I felt a soft thing being pressed in my head and realized that she kissed my forehead.

My head popped out of my pillow and looked at her with red-rimmed puffy eyes, her smile took my breath away and I find myself murmuring thank you to her in the best of my croaked, raspy voice.

For all the things that my mother does, I always find it extraordinary how one kiss, one hug, and one sentence could make such an impact that left me in disbelief.

She was the warm hue of light that I knew would always follow me in the dark, narrow streets.

I watch her hum the old lullaby she used to sing whenever she wanted George and me to fall asleep. Her voice was warming the cold heart that was abandoned by a man she thought would always stay with her. The wounds that continued to throb in pain settled down and I find myself getting the peace that I yearned for in the past days.

My eyes finally take the time to rest, like a boat being rowed into the gentle stream, I had a good rest at that time, one that I didn't know I needed.

...

My college days started once more while the damages into the northern side of our town are being repaired. A lot of fundraising has been done to get the homes of those who had their house burned. Currently, there have been a lot of advertisements that have been done to increase the tourists that come into our place and our mayor has even brought some new crazy ideas for the winery to adapt to help boost our economy.

Everything falls back into place, everyone did their best to help those who had undergone an unfortunate accident, each store owner has donated their products to those who were in need.

Today, my mother and I will drive down to the place where all of the victims of the past incident were located. A bunch of baked sweets is bundled up in our car, the song country home which is my father's favorite song filled the car as my mother bop her head in tune with the song.

We've reached the place, it was the gymnasium in our community college and people swarm the place

"Selene!"

I find myself stabilizing myself as my dear friend who thought she's just a paper-thin weight person dive herself to me.

"Hello Everlyn, it's nice to meet you- not so much about your greeting though" I snarkily commented and was met by her fist.

"Too bad I'm just so charming you couldn't resist me" I rubbed my arms in pain and rolled my eyes at her narcissism. "Hello, Aline!"

"Everlyn! It's nice to see you again! Looking very pretty huh?" She greeted my mother with a smile and soon they did the game of no you're much prettier and no you are more that I couldn't help but interrupt.

"Let's go and get ourselves moving alright?" Everlyn just pouted but then came alongside us, her mother chatting with my mother about their new travel destination.

We each have a bag full of baked goods and in hers were clothes that she wasn't using anymore along with toys that her parents once collected for her in their travel journey in the past.

People were lined up as they gather the necessities that were given to them by the townspeople. Children ran along with their friends in the gymnasium, people gathering up as they boxed the necessities that were needed for one family, and as we get down, we handed out our donations to one of the personnel and headed outside.

"Tsk, it's really lucky that our homes weren't on the north side or else we'll be the one lining up here but still... I feel bad" Everyln shook her head in and watched the victims pick up their pieces and build their homes again.

"All we can do is to help" I gave her a smile which she responded with the same thing.

Soon, we find ourselves having lunch at Grandma's diner where I, Hati, and Luna are lunch before. Time flies so fast, it's already been four months since I've learned about their existence, become a part of their world, and met Lukka, the one who introduced me to all of those supernatural things.

It's also been a week since I've truly accepted the fact that Lukka has left this town, his whereabouts unknown and perhaps it would stay that way.

Hating him is tantamount to loving him, they just go together with each other that I don't know what to feel anymore.

The pack has already contacted me through Hati but I remained silent, wallowing in doubt and hate as I walk my way out of the quagmire of emotions that Lukka made.

"It'll be your birthday this Sunday! Will you have a big party? I'll do your makeup oh!" Everlyn exclaimed and I almost forgot about my eighteenth birthday, another important milestone that Lukka would never see again.

That hurt, to know that the person you truly like is gone and that you would never be able to celebrate those tiny little things you used to when you're with them.

"Just a small party, I don't want that big of a celebration considering the events that take place in this town" she immediately settled down and just decided to make me all gorgeous and stuff, I didn't cut her off this time and just nodded.

My phone vibrated once more and I happen to see the message flashing on my screen, it states whether if I could give them the chance to talk to them again.

I pressed a positive reply, after all, it's time to face what I've run off to, I don't want to be like Lukka, running away won't change anything.

***
Chapter 57 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!