5 || Electrifying blue eyes

The eyes shout what the lips feat to say

- William Henry

'•'•'•

The forest was a sight to see in the day, it resembles that of a magical forest you see in movies but when darkness clouded the woods, the senses heightened and the fear spiked in. The trees collided with each other creating a sound resembling that of rain falling in the sky, the wind howled louder as the night deepens and with each step, our breaths grew heavier with beads of sweat rolling on our cheeks.

The faded foundation begins to wear on me, my lips feel chapped from the battle lipstick that was applied an hour ago, and with a grunt, I stride forward and continued my walk. I couldn't stop now or else we'll get stuck here, a place filled with secret danger.

"Are we near yet?" I heard her huffing behind me, her feet stepping on the cold hard cemented ground after taking off her heels.

"Twenty more minutes" I cursed under my breath after seeing the road darkening, I looked up and saw the moon being hidden away from our sight by the traveling clouds.

I opened my phone and switched the light on, I almost tripped into the bumpy road due to a fallen branch on the ground that I didn't see. There was hardly any signal here, my phone was degraded to a flashlight and all I could do was stare at it foolishly.

The trees covered around us with their tall and spiky branches which further doubles the fear in my heart. I love to go into the woods, to smell nature, the damp earth that brings forth new life and created food for the wild species inside, the faint smell of honeysuckle and other flowers surrounded the air and in all of those combined, it created a calming effect to an individual.

The night was eerily quiet, the stories and cautions words given by the elders rang through my head, a web of future situations and accidents got caught in my head as I slowly detangle it and willed myself to calm down.

"Ouch!"

I swiftly turned in her direction and saw her foot bleeding, there was a sharp stone beside her feet.

Shit.

Some wolves and predators get attracted by the smell of human blood, especially those who are fearless against humans.

"Put your arm on my neck, we should leave now, quick" I didn't tell her about the thoughts in my head less she panicked and scream her lungs out in fear. That would surely awaken every predator lurking in the woods and we don't want to be another statistic against wild animal attacks.

Though our speed slowed due to her injury, I can already see the lights and the smoke probably coming out of a chimney. There's a house, great, we could ask for a lift then.

"Come on, let's get home" I heard her hum and continued our walk, I'm sure my feet would swell by the end of the day. I'll just sleep in my room all day then.

I was about to turn to the corner where a state made from rocks was stationed when I heard a howl from behind me. I grabbed Everlyn's waist and held a quiet posture, her eyes quivering in fear as I held her to stop her from moving.

I look behind me with slow movements and met a pair of electrifying blue eyes, it was like a neon color floating against the raven-colored pelts of the wolf.