43 || Forgetting problems

Many people pray to be kept out of unexpected problems. Some people pray to be able to confront and overcome them.

- Toba Beta

'•'•'•

I am currently at a party, one that Bert our classmate practically announced through the school's radio that lead him to the principal's office and which I agreed on per Everlyn's advice of winding down the feelings that have been digging into my heart.

I accepted it after all if I wanted to act normal as what I'm told to I should go with the flow and not imagine the fact that a witch was trying to occupy our town and a deranged wolf who bit humans probably for his entertainment was out for us.

"It'll be your birthday in March Selene, do you think we could hold a party at your house?"

"A party? No thank you" I was quick enough to reject Everlyn's offer. Coming to a party was enough to give me an uneasy feeling what more would a party at my house give me - a freaking terror then?

"But it would be fun! You'll be eighteen soon, you can now go to a bar-"

"I could learn how to drive" I cut her off, I would never step on a bar, a party is all I could take.

We soon enter the familiar mansion of the one and only party maker in this town, Bert and I can already tell that a party was happening in here based on the number of cars we've seen outside and the booming sound of club songs that never seems to get old.

Flashes of lights blinded me, my earlier memory of a party tugged me into that horrifying encounter with a bitten wolf, one that tried to kill me for the second time. At the thought of that, I got chills and quickly closed the buttons of my jacket and moved away from the crowd. Everlyn decided to never let me out of her sight, she said it's my time to get loose and party after being broken, preferably drunk to the point of losing my sanity.

"Hey Everlyn, looking good huh?" A guy from our college, one that I only knew by face said to Everlyn. It was clear that he was hitting upon her.

"Duh, I always do" she flips her hair and walked to the counter. "Can we have a martini-"

"I want some juice please"

"- and some shots of vodka, don't mind her please" she waved her perfectly manicured hand on me as I glared at her in annoyance.

"What was that? I didn't want to drink alcohol" I tug her sleeves and she just swatted my hand with a frown.

"Honey, the only thing that you need now is alcohol. I assure you that it'll at least lessen the stress on you and makes you feel high in the clouds for a couple of moments" she taught as if she was an expert teacher making me shake my head at her antics.

"My dad would kill me"

"I'll call the ambulance for you"

"Sweet" I sneered after seeing her laugh joyfully at me.

Two glasses were pushed into our direction followed by a man who winked at the two of us, his eyes gleaming in lust and I could only force the vile of vomit that was about to break past my lips.

Everlyn glared at the guy and spitefully removed herself and me from the bar and proceeds to enter the kitchen where not many people inhabit the area.

"Let's just get some pizza, I don't trust that guy," she says in distaste before taking a huge bite out of her pepperoni pizza and pushing some onto me.

I got myself a glass of plain water and chugged it down after three slices of pizza. Everlyn decided to drag me to the center of the party where dozens of horny college students occupy the space. Colognes and perfumes mixed into the air making me sneeze, Everlyn decided to dance like a snake, wiggling her body left and right making me guffaw in laughter.

The rest of the night I find myself laughing at Everlyn's antics, I knew that she was doing all these silly things for me just to get everything out of my system.

The pain of being lead on, for realizing my feelings, and at the same time understanding that we two are placed at two different worlds.

It wouldn't be easy after all I'm part of their pack, there's still a threat brewing in our town but for now, I just wanted to relieve myself of all the danger that I feared for every day.

It's been weighing down on me, the pressure of finding the wolf that causes humans to transform as wolves with no mind but only violence, the witch that controlled everyone mind and made them forget about the danger in our town, and my incapability of solving the problem or even helping them.

Then I learned that I was just weak, a burden if I persisted, and everything that I feel couldn't be vocalized to anyone since it should remain a secret. A taboo. Something that no other humans except me could know.

The night deepens and I find myself walking out of the mansion, the moonlight shedding off its brilliance down the land in the lonely pitch-black sky. Everlyn was still doing what nature told her to and here I am waiting for her outside so we can leave for home today.

Then the wind blows, I picked up the freezing weather and was about to enter the porch when I saw a shadow behind me.

Fear gripped my heart and I could feel myself standing still as if I was frozen in time. I didn't see anyone coming here nor saw someone staying here and now, seeing a figure, a male one based on his frame I felt my hands clenching the hem of my jacket.

Then I decided to run.

***
Chapter 43 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!