65 || Couldn't resist the temptation

The problem with temptation is that you may not get another chance.

- Laurence Peter

'•'•'•

Blood pooled into the cemented ground, pieces of wood chips could be seen from all over the place and a figure slightly hunched on his back could be seen breathing heavily into the training grounds.

His arms, which were leaner from the past have now become robust, were strained as they held on to his powerful thighs. His shadow could almost fill the entire room as he took a breath, his muscular back tightens and loosens fascinating.

"What has gotten you so worked up?" It was a melodious voice of someone, familiar to his ears for the last couple of years, one that he had made a deal with.

He remained silent, he was giving off an impression that he doesn't want to talk nor be interrupted. But the woman in vermillion satin dress didn't leave, instead, she sainted her way to his side and was about to touch his back when he flinches away from her.

"Stop" he grunted, his voice rang into the starless sky, his move was defensive and that made the woman's eyes narrow in displeasure.

"Lukka, don't you think it's time to stop your illusions of coming back to her? She might already have a family of her own and you're here beating yourself up like a fool" her words struck his heart like daggers carving pain on his body.

He pretended to not care about her words and stood up, he wanted to walk away from the fact that it's been eight years since he left, that time has passed, and washed down the memories that they created.

It was his fault and there's no turning back, there are still two years before he could return to their small town, to the place where they met and finally where he left.

"Two years Lukka, I still have two years of your life" she seethes, the tree planted on the side flung like an old rotten metal as she released her anger.

Eight years ago was where she struck a deal with him, he will get stronger but he will be her slave for ten years, to do her bidding and to take down her enemy.

Louivia's mother.

She was currently being hunted by her men, they were equals in power and she needed a soldier that would protect her from all costs, even his life. Besides, she took a fancy on the werewolf Lukka and was rejected plainly but she still refused to acknowledge the rejection.

Rosette would never back away from the challenge and so she crafted her scheme and let him see the foolishness and confidence he once built melt into the reality of what could have happened.

Ten years wasn't long, she knew that once the elders knew of her fascination with a werewolf they would immediately break them off. It wasn't love that drives her to set up a deal for him to be on her side officially, it was of lust and the excitement that the challenge brought by a mated werewolf.

She once craved that soul-binding love when she was young and hasn't seen much of the world, she doesn't now but her blood boils to see a couple breaking off ties because of her.

She has no morals nor conscience, those are human feelings and she's not a human, she's a greedy witch.

...

He was greedy.

The moment he felt his heart beating after a long time of stillness, he already knew the reason for it.

He couldn't help himself.

He knew he can't go and see her, he left her without a proper goodbye yet was still homeless enough to go run to her. Made a deal with the devil to protect her yet all he brought her is pain.

He's a scumbag, a fool, a man hoping for redemption and there's this uncertainty that things between his eyebrows.

It was at this moment that he felt alive, moments when sleepiness didn't hit him after a long grueling fight, his muscles trembling from the training he received but now it all fades away with the possibility of her being here.

Eyes wide awake till the moonlight fell on his long pair of butterfly-like lashes, a stubble frames the chin one that he has not shaved, he was quick on his feet and was about to leave when a figure appeared before him.

"Can you please move?" He was irritated at this point, he didn't want to talk but she could play this silent game that he 'created' and was damn good at it.

"What? Seeing your mate? I'll accompany you" she was about to sling her arms into his but he moved away like she was an infectious disease.

She didn't get angry, it was one of those moments where she unknowingly gets herself into a good mood and wouldn't care if you pull a tantrum or reject her.

By this time he wasn't able to answer, like many other times and he was soon transported to the busy streets of New York, it was what he expected of this famous city.

Bustling, modern, and quick pace. He didn't mind more of the famous streets one would ogle at and followed her scent. It was like the most inviting scent of all, hers was unique out of all the people that almost bathed themselves with perfume, it was home.

He rounds into the alleyway and notices her, she was still the same except her features were more refined and the childishness in her face vanished. She was a woman now, more mature and much rational, confidence oozed in her every step, and even if she blends with the most conspicuous people she would still shine from afar.

"Oh, it looks like she already caught herself a lover boy"

Her voice was like that of a shrill, no matter how melodious it was for him the moment she opened her lips and said those words it was akin to sin.

He held himself back from pulling her out of that man, like a madman he is he kept repeating the mantra that made him live till today.

Just two more years and he'll be freed.

The two of them went to a diner, they talked about their lives and he watched her smile, to another man. He watched her talk about the past where he wasn't there. Empty memories and broken promises, that's what's left.

He couldn't help but want to talk to her, to ask if she had moved on because he couldn't. They were mates but then he understood that he was at fault, that the pain he unintentionally gave to her wouldn't be erased. But he wanted a chance and his kind was soon overcome with madness as he runs to her but soon was captured.

"Two years Lukka, two more years"

She was the devil and he was the sinner.

After that, he was back in his place, the lonely solitude of a man was expressed as he sat on his bed. He put his hand on his chest to remind himself that she was real, not an illusion but she truly was real and that his heart is beating.

All he could think of was her smile and the look of peace in her eyes.

***
Chapter 65 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!