54 || Split minds

Disagreements are unavoidable, but how you handle them can make all the difference.

- Pooja Agnihotri

'•'•'•

The forest was closed off still people formed groups and wanted to match up to the woods with their knives and guns, screaming out their injustices. The police have already secured the forest for the safety of the common people, the wildlife association members were called and are discussing the monster that wreck havoc into their once peaceful land.

I am currently sitting inside the meeting room, tension permeates into every part of my body and I could see well the seriousness of the matter as the others have already split into two. One group is for the protection of the wild animals especially the wolf that would be affected if the common people continued their rally. The other group on the other hand is dedicated to get all of the wild wolves in the woods and detain them for further investigation. 

"We just can't detain all of them! Just because there is a rotten apple in a basket full of apples doesn't mean everyone is rotten!"

"We need to prioritize the safety of our people and stabilize their emotions!"

The two groups continued to fight, I was on the side which protects the wolves that were about to be detained. I do understand why two groups were made since some of the members here have formed grievances against the wolves after their loved ones died. The other just wanted to focus on what the townspeople wanted while the other protects nature.

"What about the people that lost their loved ones?"

"Then what about the animals that would lose their homes and lives?"

There was a threat brewing in the people's minds, threatening to burn down the woods for the monster to reveal itself not caring for the other wildlife animals that would lose their homes and the forest itself.

I understand their pain and the fact that their emotional loss has corroded their minds, what we could do is to remedy the situation before it is too late.

The meeting ended with both two groups left unsatisfied, the mayor of our town has already given an order for every people living in this town to stay in their homes but there were still groups of people who wished to move out of their homes which he approved and those who wanted to stay here to kill the monsters.

My best friend is one of them, the fully not the latter but I can't fully say that she doesn't have anger towards the so-called monster that broke the peace in our town and snatch souls that left people miserable.

"You're not leaving?" She and her family will go to their grandparent's house this evening, they didn't want to stay here anymore and be at risk of danger.

I am currently sitting in their living room, her parents were making calls outside while she was just about to finish packing her stuff.

"I'm not"

"Why?" Her tone was tainted in incredulous, judging by the way her brows were furrowed she wasn't exactly happy at my decision, one that my parents have the same attitude for. 

"I can't leave them, I have to protect nature"

Her eyes narrow and her pursed mouth begin to spit out hostile words.

"Protect those wild monsters? Have you gone insane? They're the reason why we're leaving this town, why this town is shrouded in terror! It was them that killed people- people we knew and we once talked to! Those are friends, neighbors, and classmates and now they're gone because of those who you chose to protect!"

Hurt people hurt people, it was something that I've learned in the past. Those who are hurt have no one to blame to so they vent all their anger and sorrow to one thing- even if it was innocent or not. Their state isn't well, to begin with, their heart is broken into pieces and all they could feel was numbing pain.

They aren't in their right mind to think clearly and logically.

"Everlyn, those wild animals you think of are not monsters, just because one turned evil the rest are downright evil as well. They have feelings, they are also hurting-"

"Those are monsters, Selene, don't you see? They killed people" she whispered as if my words couldn't get to her mind, rejecting the opposite side and only acknowledging hers.

"They're not"

It wasn't them that did this, they turned to stop this from happening but they aren't gods, I acknowledge that. It hurts to see this happen to our simple small town but it could be worse if they didn't move faster.

I may not know how everything happened to this point but I do believe that they have tried themselves to protect us.

I heard her sigh and saw the weariness on her face. She was originally a bright and charming person, she loved to be with people even though they sometimes hurt her, she was like a rose filled with thorns. Everyone she met could be her potential friend and she loves to socialize, maybe that's why I couldn't empathize much with her because I don't go out of my way and talk to people I do not know of.

I watch her think, even though I tried to act calm but the repeated thinking of my legs broke that charade.

"I'll be going now, be safe Everlyn" I heard her parents arriving now and moved out but not before hearing her say something underneath her breath.

"Just please be safe or else our friendship is over"

I smiled and nodded at her, she can only weakly gave me one while cursing me as a stubborn old mule. I walked out of their house and certainly got disapproving looks from Everlyn's parents after knowing that I would stay here.

I took my phone out of my pockets and pressed certain letters will it formed a letter which I sent to Hati.

Can I come to your place? I need answers.

***
Chapter 54 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!