35 || Wolf's on a quest

It's funny how "question" contains the word "quest" inside it, as though any small question asked is a journey through briars.

- Catherynne M. Valente

'•'•'•

The darkness expands its mighty wings into the once bright sky, the moon hung high above the sky with its luminance giving the forest a shade of greyish black.

A woman lay in bed where she huddled close to her pillow, the dream catcher above her head swung lightly from the air that passes into the window that has now opened by a lean figure that currently hovers towards her seeping figure.

He breathed in her smell which reminds him of the forest and his home, cherished the warmth that seeps off off her body, and took his time to watch herself snore lightly in her deep sleep.

This wasn't what a gentleman nor any man should do but he let his beats control him for the first time. It will take time for him to finish his task and the thought of being far away from her when he knew how much danger her town is covered in peril.

It pierces his pride that he couldn't protect her 24/7 and the fact that they would need help from a witch because of their incompetence.

He pulled himself together and take one more look at her before jumping down her window but before closing it tight.

...

Classes were exhausting and now that it has become an online class, it was even more tiresome. Just studying in your room where your body is accustomed to resting facing a screen and just dozing off to class by the teacher's monotonous voice.

Scribbles of doodles and nonsensical words were placed in my notebook, George was also doing the same thing in his room, and hearing his groaning over wanting to play Xbox cheered me up. At least it wasn't just me who was suffering but still, we were suffering because of long hours spent just sitting on a screen that could possibly blind us.

Everlyn: I'm bored

I look down to see Everlyn's text in our group chat with just three members whom she made after gaining a friendship with Hati.

Hati: Me too, I want to smack Bert's face he's so annoying

Just looking at Bert's face on the screen made me also wanna smack him in the face. His background was a picture of girls scantily dressed and of course, our professor couldn't see his shenanigans that's why he dared to do this.

Everlyn: Tell me about it, I wanted to do that for a long time but I held myself because my fist is too pretty for his ugly, dirty face

I snorted at her words, every same girl in this town wouldn't even come near Bert's side only when it's time to party, no one doubts his ability in doing such ridiculous fun parties. Even everlyn got to approved him for his taste in parties.

"Goodbye class, remember to pass your activity today and not tomorrow!" The screen turned black after I finished classes and went downstairs and to cook myself some noodles. I think I need some noodles to get longevity after online class draining my life.

"Hey, cook me some too" George's head popped out downstairs.

"Say the magic words" I stifled laughter seeing his sour face.

"Please my beautiful elder sister"

I didn't hold back and laughed boisterously at his crumbling face and passed him the noodle left in the pan. He took it from me and stomp across the room before closing it hard as if telling me he's angry. Hmph, rude, you better be thankful that I was in a good mood today.

"That looks good"

"Ah!" I screamed and fell on my bed, stomping can be heard outside and I turned to Hati, horrified at her sudden existence here in my room.

"What's the matter?" I heard George's muffled voice behind the door.

"I'm fine! I just slipped!" I shouted and sigh in relief after hearing him leave.

My head swivels fast as I glared at Hati's sudden visit, she even gave me a grin after knowing that she almost gave me a heart attack. It was both humorous and aggravating to see her do that and I just let her after all I have nothing to do, might as well take a surprise.

"Why are you here?" She wouldn't come here if she just wanted to visit me.

"Well, I came with a news"

News? My hands clenched underneath my sleeve, I hear my heart pumping fast for the news that she brought. Hands that couldn't keep still as I wring it out in nervousness.

"Maico and Lukka is on a quest to find a witch"

"A witch?" Never in my life would I have thought that there is a witch in this land nor would I imagine becoming part of their pack.

"Yes, we needed help, and Maico suspected that the wolf we're trying to find got help from a witch"

It was bad news, even if I didn't know how much power a witch has, it must be serious for Maico and Lukka to go and search for one for help. It means that we needed help, badly.

"Where are they now?"

"They already left, Lukka sent me here to protect you" I blinked at the painful clench of my heart.

I don't blame Lukka for leaving because I knew we were running out of time, I just felt that I was too insignificant in his eyes that he wouldn't even say goodbye to me before leaving.

What if he gets hurt and I won't be able to see him again? That would pain me, fill me with regret for the rest of my life. It was different from imagining that my family would leave me all alone someday nor was its comparison to the pain of being abandoned by your friend.

It just painfully hurts more than that.

"He doesn't want to worry you" Hati murmured but I didn't mention anything about their leave anymore and just gave the newest information I could gather.

***
Chapter 35 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!