30 || The hunt

The week leading into spring marks the start of the hunt.

- A.D. Aliwat

'•'•'•

The streets never felt this quiet and bleak before, even if the moon sheds of its brilliance and how the lamps give shade to the darkest corners of an alley, it gives off a feeling that you can only feel when you're watching a horror movie or reading a horrifying scene.

As soon as class ended I begged for Hati to let me come with them, I wasn't sure what I was doing and I knew it was stupid of me to come here knowing that I'll just become a burden to them but I won't rest till I see them finish it off.

Hati couldn't push me off, I would just go back to her and I could tell she's feeling helpless over me, that must be why she paired me off with Lukka who is now silently ignoring me, giving off a cold presence.

"Just this time Lukka, please" he's taking me to my home, it'll be six in mere fifteen minutes and the police would soon swarm this place. "I just need to see you all taking it down in my very own eyes and-"

"Selene" he cut me off with biting anger clear in his tone. "This is no laughing matter, you can get killed" I gulped seeing the intense pressure he was giving.

"I know but... I'm part of this pack too and packs do things together don't they?" I look him straight in the eye, I knew he was giving in just by the way his frown lessened but I underestimate his stubbornness.

"Then as one of the higher ranks, I forbid you to come with us" I look at him with my jaw in slack, I couldn't believe that he would do this to me.

"But Lukka-"

"I don't want to see you get hurt so please... please listen to me"

I've never heard his plea for anyone, he doesn't exactly look like someone who patiently deals with stubborn people like me. He could have just ignored my request and lock me in my home but he didn't. He pleads for me, begging for me to understand how serious it is and how concern he is for my safety.

"I'm sorry" I hung my head in shame, I just wanted to be a part of them so badly that I ignore my limitations.

"Don't be, I also went into a phase like yours, wanting to be a part of something so badly I could risk my life" he smoothened my hair and proceeds to hold my hand. "Let's get you home before it gets dark"

Thankfully he was walking in front of me or else he'll see the blush of my cheeks. It was not an awkward thing for us to hold how and I have gotten used to bickering with him and began to feel comfortable around him. But even with all those things stated, I could still feel my heart galloping like a horse when he comes near me.

Of course, when I arrived home my parents have already arrived and just great timing it was when my mother went out to throw the trashcan and saw Lukka.

"Oh my, hello Lukka, thank you for taking my daughter home" my ever-loving mother went on her way to hug Lukka and avoided placing her arms with him since it was stained in the garbage.

"It's alright" Lukka was still a man of few words and just nodded at my mother before taking a last look at me that made me nervous.

"Bye, take care Lukka" he gave a small smile and that sent a punch in my heart.

I rushed past my mother but she was quicker, her brows were cocked high and eyes glazed in teasing.

"So, I thought you have something to do that's why you're late according to George, but now I think I know what you're busy with"

"Mom, stop it!" I gritted and ignored mom's laughter behind me then ran towards my bedroom with a heated face.

I punched my bed in annoyance for making a fool out of myself. Lukka was just being nice, I think it was because Everlyn, Mom, and Hati, the trio of girls who wanted to mentally torture me have affected my thinking and behavior toward Lukka.

After that beating, I just went on and changed myself before coming down to dinner. As I wash the dishes, my mind flew back to Lukka's figure and got worried over their hunt for that wolf who bit humans and turn them into bitten wolves.

...

In the heart of the forest laid a beast who was being handled by Fenrir, its eyes glowing in bloody red as it tried to tackle them down but was beaten by a punch in its gut.

They have already succeeded in taking the bitten wolf into their place, they masked their bodies to hide their scents and avoid getting tracked down. The bitten wolf was lured in the forest since it has become a bloodthirsty beast, greedy for the blood and meat of an animal and worse, a human.

"Have you found any clue towards that wolf?" Maico asked Skoll who was busy tracking the scent of the wolf who bit this poor human.

"There was no bite" Lukka answered instead and they look grim. Not before this other bitten wolf, the one who almost killed Selene was checked and there's nothing in the monstrous body of a previous human.

"That wolf must have injected its blood into this human to avoid getting tracked down" Hati stated, she has still dressed in red which was now stained in blood after ripping the bitten wolf's legs after it tried to clasps its jaw on her shoulder.

"How about its blood?" Skoll asked Maico, the blood-red eyes wolf growled against their ears.

"The blood acted like a virus in the human's body, it cannot be detected anymore"

No scent nor its blood can be tracked, they have hit a dead end. It's been a long time since something like this happened, the werewolf community was forgotten in human's minds for years and only myths of it remained.

It would be a risk if they get detected by humans and get taken into a lab to get experimented on, after all, it has been done before and some of the older wolves have risked their life to erase their origin in humans' minds.

"We can only spread our search to every part of the town, perhaps that wolf was hiding its scent from us. I will ask some leaders if they have a wolf who got banished"

Only the banished wolves would do this, all werewolves have given their promise to never speak of their existence to humans unless it is their mates.

The wolves have now faced a problem that could risk them from being known to the world. There is only one solution now to stop it from happening.

The hunt has now begun.

***
Chapter 30 is out! Hope you like this chapter!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!