21 || A visit from the wolf

Everyone visits with each other for its
purpose.

- Ehsan Sehgal

'•'•'•

Chrismas was uneventful, I couldn't come to Luna's home for dinner and just returned home to celebrate the feast with my family. Nonetheless, I have learned much from them as well as they have with me.

January arrived with its monotonous shade, everything returned to normal as if the festivals that were celebrated a month ago vanished along with the cold chilling wind. Entering another new year which could mean something new to accomplish or another year of repetition.

College is just along the way, I will be entering my first year in just two weeks, fortunately, the community college in our town offers spring semester, or else I'll have to do with a fall semester and have all my plans change. It's less hectic to start college in the spring even though this month still feels like winter.

"Are you ready for college?" It was my mother, she was free today since her back has been hurting from all that baking.

"Yep, I just need some new notebooks and some other things to buy" I don't think a new bag would make me feel more ready when I enter college. Still to this day, I could feel myself being filled with anxiety as the days passed.

I assume college is way different from high school and the fact that I have secrets to hide makes things more hectic. Work is easy since I can just work at home but juggling three responsibilities in my life seems like a messy thing to do.

I also don't have the best time management skill.

"Don't worry darling, everything will work out for you, just take baby steps and continue your pace" I snuggle close to mom and slightly felt relieved at her words.

I need to stop worrying over the future and instead enjoy the present and work over my time management skills.

Dad finally arrived home and kissed mom on the forehead which earned a snort from George.

"George my boy, one day you'll be much more cheesy than I am I tell you!" Dad joked making me laugh, yeah right, as if he's gonna move on to another girl when he's this focused on Simon.

I placed the plates on the table while George takes the cutleries and glasses, mom on the other side scooped some chicken broth and some of her homemade meatloaf along with rice and a few stir-fried vegetables.

"Watch your stomach dear" my mother softly warned my father after seeing him with a bottle of Wilsbrein wine in his hand.

"Come on, just one?"

"No"

Grinning at my father's obvious failure, we started our dinner. George washed the dishes after, it's his month today, we washed dishes vice versa every month.

Curling my toes under my duvet, I tugged my blanket over my head and started to chat with Everlyn, she couldn't return since a storm arrived this month which delayed their return.

"Where's your hunky friend?" I forgot, she knew about Lukka and how could I forget her piercing shout after I returned her call after much deliberation.