60 || Wedding dress

Every bride is beautiful. It's like newborn babies or puppies. They can't help it.

- Emme Rollins

'•'•'•

I've never been to a bachelorette party before since I've never been much close to women and didn't get all friendly with them to become one of their bridesmaids.

Everlyn wanted me to see her wedding gown so I went to her room, we were staying in the same hotel since the bride and groom can't meet before their wedding. She was in 215 while I was in 207 so I had to take the elevator.

The hotel we're staying in was one of the top-notch hotels in New York and it was indeed true. Just with the impeccable food which I took pictures of since I needed my brother to fetch me home, the excellent service with all of the staff, and the hotel itself which was definitely for those who didn't care much about money.

The hotel itself gave a sense of luxury as if every ornament and piece were made of the finest materials one could found in the world.

Thankfully I can pay for my stay in this luxurious hotel or else I had to stay in the same room as Everlyn.

"Where to ma'am?" As the elevator opened a staff from the hotel asked.

"The 4th floor please" I politely answered and went inside.

After a few seconds, I step out and thanked the staff once more before walking over to Everlyn's room and knocked on it. The door opened and Everlyn's flushed face was out, she was panting and I almost thought of something dirty and she instantly caught it.

"I'm not doing dirty things you pervert!"

"What?"

She just narrowed her eyes on me before pulling me in, her room was surprisingly neat, my eyes wander around and see most of what a hotel room would look like except its ten times much grander with its jacuzzi bathtub, sturdy wooden furniture that looks like it was crafted in ancient Greece. What impressed me the most are the balcony that was wide enough for four people to fit in, the picturesque view of New York City lights twinkling like colorful bright stars in the night, fitting for its well-known fact of a city that never sleeps.

As I enter her bedroom there lay a mermaid wedding dress in a sweetheart neckline. It looks perfectly fitting for her and I can't wait to see her in this.

"It's beautiful" I look in awe and she playfully bounced her shoulders at me.

"It is right? I can't wait to let Shuren see it!"

"He would surely get his mouth slack open with this" I said in assertion, perhaps I've become bewitched at the dress I started getting my imagination get a hold of me.

I find myself visualizing myself in a wedding dress walking on the altar with my father in my arms, his eyes swollen red from crying secretly but he would act like he's a tough man. My mother would be smiling ear to ear as she wiped some stray tears away along with my brother who threw his usual snarky self and instead presented a loving image but still couldn't help but get his eyes to redden.

Then there's Everlyn who would be the most pleased bridesmaid slash best friend and mouth off encouraging words to me all the way. The pack members with Maico leading with his humungous self almost like a mountain among the guests but still would give the best impression to them. Luna would be like the moon looking fondly at us as she waved her hand with a delighted smile on her face. The twins along with Fenrir and Skoll would get the most attention of the female population and maybe Skoll would get himself a girl on his side beside Fenrir who would definitely play pranks to Lukka. Among them is Hati who looks like a vibrant rose who would get the opposite sex's attraction and would get crazy alongside Everlyn.

Then there's Lukka, with his eyes trained on my face as if cherishing every feature on my face. He would quirk his lips now and then and I would watch the way the team apple roll off his throat signifying his nervousness. With his slick black hair and his electrifying blue eyes that framed those thin lips and long lashes. His skin would glow like the sun with his white suit and as I walk near him, his hand would get busy as if he wanted to just pull me close and kiss me.

"-lene, Selene!"

I was brought out of my imagination by Everlyn's shaking and woke up from an unrealistic dream.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

"It doesn't matter anymore just tell me what you were thinking about to be that dazed" I shake my head at her and just told a lame excuse- jet lag- which she called bullshit but didn't mind anymore after my consistent excuse.

She just showed me her wedding dress and I stood dumbstruck, I have always known how beautiful Everlyn is but this time, she's ethereally beautiful, like a fairy that entered the mortal realm.

"Shuren better treat you the Queen you are" I just said out loud and she just giggled over me.

"Silly you of course he would! He would be at a loss if he didn't meet me!" She said in confidence that I smiled, it's funny how she would always act confident at her beauty in the past and now she has embraced everything about her.

Remembering the times where we would fight over silly things then makeup as if nothing happened. The memories of her letting me experience teenage life and how she had a crush on Skoll, the curses that left her mouth when Lukka broke my heart, I would forever cherish.

"Oh, why are you crying! You're gonna make me cry too!"

I didn't notice that my eyes redden already and some stray tears fell, I just wiped it with my sleeves and laughed at her.

"Then why are you crying as well!" Her mascara was running down her face, she looks like she was a bride who got abandoned.

After that crying session, the two of us just cuddled in her bed and talked about our past and the plans that we have for our future.

"I wish you happiness, Everlyn" I whispered to her, I truly wish from the bottom of my heart that she would always be that crazy cheerful Everlyn I know.

"I wish yours as well"

I can only smile bitterly at her, I don't even know if I could get the happiness she has with the man she loves.

While I am still here, waiting for someone whom I never had the news of in the past eight years. I don't know why I kept on waiting, maybe it's because of the bond or maybe it's because I really wanted to be with him again.

***
Chapter 60 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!