75 || Another chance

If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don't do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.

- Iyanla Vanzant

'•'•'•

Another chance. All he wanted was another chance. To make things right, to beg for forgiveness, and to get her back.

Eight years of training, of hovering between life and death, all of this was done to protect her. He would rather get all the suffering she would have in his head than for her to experience all the bad things in the world.

She was right, he was a coward but he would rather be one than for her to die. Her existence is his driving force to live, he wouldn't have been about to walk into this cold and callous world for eight years if it wasn't for her.

He had endured enough- no more of it.

He was a freedman and he will claim it.

...

My morning is composed of waking up for work and then having a simple breakfast or if I'm too busy or am pressed for time, I would just grab an apple or get myself a takeout.

Then I would arrive at my clinic, check my appointments and check on the sick pets that are scheduled for today as well as those who are given routine check-ups. Gave some advice to the pet owners about what they should eat and their intake, how many medicines, and ask some questions to further ensure my diagnosis. Then I leave home after going to the wildlife association after giving my thoughts as well as doing my part in the laboratory.

It was a routine filled with different things yet the same every day, my life very boring yet tiring than all of a sudden it changed. The animals that I loved to care for have now become frightened of me and wouldn't appear near me which breaks my heart.

"Why are the animals afraid of you? Did something happened?" It was George, I would sometimes need his help when I needed to renovate my office after all I have brought some things that are needed in my clinic.

"I don't know, maybe it's because I was too dazzling they don't dare come near me?" I was glared at contemptuously and was snorted at which angered me. "Hey! What was that look for?!"

"I just think it's because they could feel that the doctor that was supposed to help them have brains much smaller than them"

"Wow George, you truly are itching for a beating don't you?!"

I ran to his side and fought with him like how we were when we were little kids, I grab his hair and he grabbed mine, it was very messy when we left and I urged him to finish his work or else I won't give him the 50 dollars he worked for.

Later on, he left and I find myself thinking about the worrisome thing that is in front of me and that is the animals that were trembling in fright because of me.

It is an extremely troublesome matter, being a vet means you have to be surrounded by animals, and the point is- they didn't want me to be near them.

How the hell can I continue my work if they wouldn't let me near them?

It was already afternoon when I closed my clinic and I was about to start up the ignition when my eyes caught sight of a familiar figure five meters away from me.

He was standing still, I could feel his eyes boring from mine and I blame my newfound abilities for being this keen.

"What are you doing here?" It came off harsh and bitter, I felt a faint pulsating of pain in my chest and grew annoyed at my wolf who was howling painfully.

"I wanted to talk to you, can I?" His eyes were filled with hope and if I said no it would turn to despair in just a second.

I wanted to refuse but then realized that I need it, this talk would probably end or start things up, this is the thigh that I've been clamoring about, and when it's presented in front of me I find myself becoming afraid.

I don't know what would happen and I'm afraid of that.

"Okay"

I didn't invite him inside my car, I don't think I'll be able to handle being with him- this close to me.

Every minute of my day was filled with reluctance, pain, and regret, I knew it was his feeling as well as mine combined. I crumble every time I get a glimpse of his mood, saw with my own eyes the horror and hardship that he has gone through in the past eight years. I felt like I lived on it and it was terrible, every negative word you could find in a dictionary wouldn't be able to reflect what he suffered.

It was horrible without him but it was also agonizing what he has suffered.

The moment I reached the woods, I press my foot on my brake and get my keys off before chugging it in my coat. It was cold and wet this month, thankfully the day seems to be clear although the land was bathed in white snow almost blinding me.

I chose to go to the woods, it's where we first met and maybe this is where all things would end, hopefully not. I'm still hopelessly in love with him and it got even more stronger when I could feel his emotions in my mind, see the careful thoughts he tucked away when I was still that ignorant girl who knows nothing of his world.

"Let's talk" it was like a fishbone that was stuck on my throat vanished and I find myself being able to talk.

I sat on a wooden log chair, we were near the entrance of the forest where many tourists have come up to travel, mostly those who was a lover of adventure. He was 6 feet away from me and I appreciated that he is far away from me even though he could see my expressions quite clearly with his excellent vision.

"You must have heard this from me a million times but I just want to say I'm sorry" 

Damn, right it is! He must have seen me glaring and his features soften, I could feel his eyes smiling and that made me curl my lips in anger.

"Can you forgive me? I will wait even if it takes years, I just wanted you to give me your thoughts before I could say mine" he felt that he was abrupt and wanted to do near her but was afraid she'll stay far from him. "It's... I know it's presumptuous of me I- I just wanted to know your-"

"Okay"

Maybe this time she'll be able to tell him her truest thoughts, the feelings that she had tried so hard to bury in the depths of her mind.

Maybe she could forgive him as well.

***
Chapter 70 is up! Hope you like this everyone!

Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!