| 20 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I don't know about that..." I snicker as I saw Mimi look at me with his mouth agape. "Mimi I'm not that smart."

"Lies!" Louis and Mimi exclaim together, the both of them gasping in shock to it. I smile at their synchronization.

I don't say anything on it because I already know they'd say I was smart no matter what I said against it. I was just happy to see them getting along like I never before. It...made me so happy.

For them to be talking like this was odd. Even though it shouldn't be, but I've never seen them close this way. Louis' jealousy always got in the way of the relationship they could've had so earlier on.

Now they both had just that as if all of that never happened. As if Louis never made it hard for him and never mocked him for his stutter or made him cry so many times. It almost baffled me at how easily forgotten it was.

I forgive him for what he said to me. It's...for some odd reason, I can't let go what he did to him. He hurt him and I can let go what he did to me, whatever. Why am I...suddenly having a hard time letting it go?

Now that I know we're staying best friends, it just feels wronger than ever. I know Mimi says he moved on, but did he really? I am certain he most likely did...but why is it hurting me now?

It just seems like Louis got the east end of the stick. None of his wrongdoings are being exposed and Mimi had to suffer in the end. He's too good of a person...and Louis knows how lucky he got.

That's why he's so awkward and feels bad about it because if this was anyone else he would not be getting it so easy. He knows that too and he's feeling uncomfortable from that fact of how easy he got it. As well though...he probably would try not to think about it anymore.

Once we got there I got out, going to my trunk for the basketballs I carry in there already. I saw Louis and Mimi get out, talking together as if nothing happened to Mimi.

I already know he apologized, but my heart was tight. What Louis did to me was nothing compared to what he did to Mimi. They're siblings and it might be easy to forget...but I love Mimi.

To know he was saddened, stressed, and hurt by Louis...

"Travis?"

I look up, seeing Louis having said my name. Mimi looked so happy and I didn't want to ruin that happy expression on his cute face.

Why is there a grudge building now?

It wasn't this bad when it was happening! Why is it festering now that it's over?

I think...I expected something to come against Louis for what he did. It was too easy...or am I being dramatic. I think I am...

That's when I see Mimi smile at something he said as they both go in and they just spoke. His kindness radiating... That beautiful smile and knowing it wasn't smiling so brightly lots of times because of many people, but mainly one person...

I'm definitely not being dramatic.

I go towards them now, following them inside. My frustration was increasing the more I saw Mimi smile at him.

Honestly might've been better that we went to school...

"Here." I pass a basketball to Louis and Mimi, nodding to the bathrooms. "I'll be right back."

"O-Okay." Mimi nods, and I saw him look at me oddly. I just went to the restroom now, becoming a bit more annoyed than before.

My hands slam on the counter, looking down now. Didn't even want to look forward at myself. Maybe I'm just being petty and genuinely just need to move on-.