90

We were on their knees. All of us.

I looked at my men. Their eyes held anger, fear and sadness. A tear fell from Thea's eyes as she took in her surroundings— as if she couldn't believe it.

"Well, Thea, sweetheart, look at this," Luigi said, putting the knife closer to her neck. I didn't dare to breathe. I didn't think any of us were. "Look how much they love you. It's almost adorable how I can control them just by having a knife at your neck. Alright now that's enough. Get up!"

And we did. We all stood on our feet again. I clenched my jaw. I hated this. But I'd do it all over again if that meant nothing would happen to her.

'I love you' Thea mouthed to me. I smiled weakly at her. Why? I didn't know.

Why was she behaving like this was goodbye?

"Since you people listened to me and went on your knees like I told you to, I'll let her go." Luigi said making me sigh in relief. But there was something wrong about the whole thing. I watched carefully as he slowly removed his hand from her neck.

Thea was about to run towards me but that's when it happened. She was pulled back by her hair and her throat was slit.

The knife was then thrown away and the sound it made when it fell rang in my head several times as I stared at Thea who had her hand around her own neck. I rushed towards her and held her before she could fall on the ground.

"Princess..." I held her head in my lap, "you'll be fine." Both her and I knew that I was lying. It was clear that she was going to bleed to death. I tried to stop the blood with my hand but it was useless.

"She— I love you," she muttered softly, "T-This isn't g-go-odbye. I'm sorry." Why was she apologizing? Fucking hell.

"You can't leave me—" I had tears falling from my eyes, "I love you. Please, don't do this to me."

She weakly brought her hand to my face before wiping my tears, "I-t's t-the first t-time I'm se-eing" she tried to take a deep breath, "y-ou cry."

"Save your breath, princess. Talking will only make it hurt further," my voice was shaking. I could hear my heart beating in my head.

"I love—" she tried to take a deep breath but was failing, "—you." She was unable to breath. She gripped my held my shirt and tightly gripped it as she choked. I hugged her while she leave the world in my embrace.

"Princess?" My voice broke, "I'll always love you, alright?" I asked even though she could not hear me nor reply, "like I said; me and you, it's a forever kind of thing."

"Get the fuck out of here. All of you, just go!" I said to all the men who were standing there and they left instantly. My head was beginning to hurt. I felt like someone removed a huge piece from my heart.

I don't know for how many hours I sat there holding her in my arms. I was crying uncontrollably. I didn't care who was there and who was not. I couldn't even care where Luigi was or what happened to him. But I knew he was taken to the basement by my men.

Why did it have to happen to me? Why always me? Do I not deserve a happy ending too?

I heard the sound of her phone ringing. I took it out from her pocket and saw the Caller ID. It was Lea. Why would she be calling her?

I answered it and didn't bother to speak. I then heard the voice of Nick, "Hello, Angel! How are you today?"

"Angel?" He asked and waited for a few seconds before asking again, "angel? Are you okay? Why aren't you talking to me? Are you angry with me?"

"Nick," I finally managed to find my voice. "Essio? Is that you? What are you doing with Angel's phone?"

"I need you to hand the phone to Lea, can you do that?" I asked to which he replied, "of course. Wait, is Angel alright?"

I looked down at her, "yes, yes of course she's alright." I bit my lip to prevent it from quivering, "Alright. I'll give mommy the phone."

A few seconds later, I heard her voice, "Hey, what's up?"

"Lea, I need your help." I had more and more tears falling from my eyes. I didn't even know it was possible for a human to cry much.

"What happened? Where are you?"

"Lea, she's gone..."