52

Hours later, the bodyguards' hands were occupied with several shopping bags. Only two were mine, the rests were all Macy's. We were walking towards the car. Macy was complaining because her legs were hurting, she did, after all, wear high heels unlike me who wore a pair of flat boots.

Macy was about to open the car's door when my eyes fell on a small red dot in one of the wheel. I narrowed my eyes, taking a good look at the dot. It was switching on and off...it was beeping.

Fuck!

"Macy, Move!" I shouted as I ran towards her before pushing her away from the car. I jumped away just as it was about to explode. A second later, the car exploded making me turn around as did Macy and the four bodyguards. 

"Oh my god…" she breathed out at the sight of the car which was now into pieces. There were flames everywhere, surrounding the car. Thankfull there were no one else in the parking loft so nobody was hurt. Our shopping bags were burning in the fire.

One of the bodyguards took out their phones and called someone to get another car for us while Macy rushed to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, examining my face for any injuries, "you saved my life, girl. I'll be forever grateful. Are you alright? You're not hurt anywhere, are you?"

I shook my head, "I'm fine. What about you?"

"Just a little shocked, that's all." She admitted, rubbing her forehead. She then stood up and I did too.

"Oh my god!" Macy suddenly shouted making my head snap in her direction, alerted. I frowned when I saw that she was alright. Then why did she shout?

She then looked up at me and grinned, "we survived! We are the girls who lived! Ha, Potter, can you survive a fucking bomb you? No! Ha! Take that in your face, Potter!"

Did she hit her head? The bodyguards looked at her weirdly. Macy raised her brows at them, "yes, gentlemen? Is there any problem?"

"No, ma'am." They shook their heads and looked away instantly. Macy turned to me, "It's cool to boss around, y'know?"

Just then, a black car came into view and stopped in front of us.

"That's your ride home." One of the bodyguards said to us before opening the door and then we slid in the back seat. One of them got into the passenger seat, beside the driver while the others stayed at the parking loft, probably waiting for another car.

"I've already informed boss about the incident." The bodyguard who was with us in the car spoke. Nobody replied to what he said.

I rested my head against the window, deep in thoughts. A few seconds ago, we were two steps away from death and we escaped it. But who would want to kill us? Maybe I wasn't the target. Maybe it was Macy…or maybe it was us both. But I had a strong feeling that it was me. But who could it be? Luigi's in Alessio's basement. I do not know any other person who would want me dead.

Macy was weirdly quiet during the ride back to the mansion. After a few minutes, the car was pulled to a stop and the familiar mansion came into view.

I opened the car door and stepped out with Macy. Together, we walked towards the door. I turned the knob and pushed the door open before entering the mansion.

A crowd of people were staring at us. Everyone who were in the mansion were standing in front of us with their eyes wide opened.

Igor rushed to Macy before pulling her for a hug. She hugged him back before breaking it a few seconds later. Igor then turned to look at me with a smile. He then walked towards me before hugging me, "I'm glad you're okay. Thank you for saving Mace."

"You don't need to thank me." I replied before parting away. Macy smiled at me before she and Igor walked away.

Just then the crowd of people parted, revealing Alessio who made his way towards the front. His eyes were fixed on me as he approached me. He looked messed up. He was wearing a plain black shirt with jeans and his hairs were disheveled.

He then took another step forward and wrapped his arms around me, burrying his face in the crook of my neck. I hesitantly hugged him back which resulted in him pulling me closer.

My eyes fell on the shocked faces of the people who were staring at us. That's when realization hit me. He was hugging me in front of everyone.

"You're never going anywhere without me again." He mumbled, his lips making contact with my bare skin as he spoke. He then broke the hug and examined my face before hovering his lips over mine, kissing me in front of everyone. I heard a few gasps.

"Everyone is staring." I muttered in between the kiss.

"Let them. Does it seem like I fucking care?" He asked back before kissing me deeply and passionately, not giving a fuck about everyone else.