34

|Thea's POV|

It was around midnight when they wrapped everything up and left. Alessio was nowhere to be seen and I was alone in the house. Even my grandmother returned with them. She told me how she and Elizabeth grew close over the past few days.

Some people came to clean the mansion and left without saying a word like always. I sat on the couch and stared at the tattoo on my wrist.

I was eating the remaining piece of cake that I saved for myself. I didn't get drunk. Instead, I had a lot of fun.

Ever since I met Alessio, I've done a lot of things I never did before;  I went to a party, I actually partied. I ate a chocolate cake, I got a tattoo, and my moves weren't monitored. I don't have to constantly fear for my grandmother's life nor mine's. I even bought a gift for someone. I did steal money from Luigi's bank account a day ago. It was something I've always wanted to do.

I smiled before eating the last piece in my plate. I stood up and just when I turned around, I received something cold straight in my face making me close my eyes.

I opened them and saw Alessio standing in front of me, holding the water gun I bought him. It was aimed in my direction.

"Don't do that." I warned taking a step backwards. The last thing I wanted was the catch a cold.

"You told me to have fun with my new toy." He said, "that's what I'm doing." He then pressed the trigger again, throwing water on me. I did what anyone else would do, I ran.

But I didn't expect him to run after me. Why was he behaving like a kid? He turned a year older not younger.

I hid behind a wall and waited for him to come so that I could take the gun from him by surprise but instead of showing in front of me, he showed me behind me. I don't know how.

However, before he could splash me with water again, I elbowed him lightly in the ribs and took the gun from him, I wasn't an assassin for nothing.

"You actually hit me!" He grunted, holding his rib, "It hurts." He had a pained expression. Did I really hurt him?

My eyes widened. Maybe I really did hurt him. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to." I approached him, "let me see."

He removed his hand from his ribs and allowed me to check his 'wound'. I rolled up his shirt to take a look, "Where does it hurt?"

"Right here" he pointed to an area where I placed my hand and applied pressure, "does it hurt?"

Instead of replying, he asked, "why are you so worried?"

"Because I hurt you?" I replied, unsure of what else I should say.

"Days ago you wanted to kill me." He sounded amused, "now you're worried that I'm hurt?"

"Well I don't want to kill you anymore." I stated, "now tell me where you're hurt. It could be seri—" I was cut off by his hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me to him, one hand moving up to cup my cheek, his thumb just under my jaw while his fingers tangled in my hair.

He stared at me with a look I couldn't quiet make out. He was staring right into my eyes, his grip slightly tightening around my waist.

I made no attempts to move nor breathe in that matter. I felt like I was frozen. He then slowly sipped at my lips, teasing me with little nibbling kisses along my soft, full bottom lip before taking my mouth in a deep, passionate kiss that weakened my knees.

|Alessio's POV|

She wasn't moving nor pushing me away. I guess she was liking it or maybe she was in shock to do anything.

My tongue stroked along her bottom lip, delving inside to taste her sweetness. I've been wanting to kiss her ever since I saw her picture in that file.

She sighed into my mouth, eager for more. She pressed herself closer to me. I emitted a low growl in the back of my throat.

What the fuck was she doing to me? I was never that easily turned on.

I gripped her hand, pulled her head backwards before deepening the kiss. She opened her mouth, giving me acess. My tongue explored her mouth before I broke the kiss. She was breathing heavily.

I ran my tongue across her bottom lip before pulling away completely. I looked up at her and saw her face red which made me want to laugh but I didn't.

If It was up to me, I would've taken her right there. She was looking absolutely hot in the dress she was wearing.

But I didn't.

Because I knew if I fuck her, I'll be fucked.