29

|Alessio's POV|

"You don't understand, Mr Romano. I need this money!" Logan pleaded, banging his fist on the table.

"It's not money you need, it's a diet." I was getting irritated at the man in front of me.

For the past ten minutes, all he did was telling me how his wife and kids were at home instead of talking to me about the deal he called me to make.

"Are you calling me fat?" He asked in disbelief making me shrug, "I don't know. Am I?" I closed my laptop and stood up, "I'm out of here."

"No, wait, please!" He begged but I didn't bother to turn around and look at him. I've had enough. I wanted to go home. Today is my birthday and this flight is a three hours one.

|Thea's POV|

I was being dragged from shop to shop by Arabella and Lea. They were looking for a gift for Alessio. Yesterday, we decorated the house and today we are looking for gifts while the others were at home, making sure everything was set. The cake was also being baked.

Today's his birthday.

"I found one!" Arabella exclaimed, pointing to a perfume boutique. "I'm gonna get him a perfume. I'll see you guys later!" She then rushed in the perfume boutique leaving me and Lea alone.

"I'm tired" she muttered before looking at me, "do you mind if we sit for a while? My legs are hurting." I shook my head, I was tired too.

We saw a small area where there were table and chairs so we went there and sat down. She sighed in relief, "thank goodness." I smiled in response.

"There's something that has been bothering me," Lea admitted, "how did you know Liliana could not be trusted and why did you warn us?"

"She worked for the Mexican mafia." I replied, "she was sent by Luigi. He wanted to form an alliance between his mafia and those of your brother's but Alessio refused. Luigi was broke, he didn't have money because he spent them all like crazy. He bought unnecessary stuffs and all. So he sent Liliana, knowing that she would easily make a place for herself in Alessio's heart. He then planned to 'fakenap' Liliana and ask him for ransom and all considering that it wasn't easy to kidnap any people he cares for. So he sent Liliana because she would willingly go to Luigi and fake being the victim."

"Fakenap" Lea chuckled, "like fake kidnapping?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Anyway, I thought I should warn you about it."

"How did you know me?"

"I know all of you." I sighed, "I'm Rafael Gonzalez's adopted daughter, legally. When Rafael died, I was the one who was supposed to take over but since I was too young...I couldn't." I explained, "Luigi took care of me. I was close to him, that's how I knew all that."

"If you were close to him then why did you betray him?" She asked
curiously. "He took you in as his own. You…kind of owe him...don't you?"

"I don't owe him shit" I let out a humorless chuckle, "he treated me like an object. Betraying him was the least I could do."

I was glad when she didn't ask any more questions about Luigi.

"Hey do you mind if I ask you something regarding your parents?" She asked to which I shook my head, "ask away."

'Parents' were never a tough subject or anything for me considering I barely knew them.

"What were their names? Your real parents, do you remember?" She asked and I nodded, Of course I did.

"Ronald and Fiona Knight. Why?"

"I was just curious." She replied with a smile, "how was Rafael killed?"

I furrowed my brows, looking at her, "you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"How he was killed" I replied, "Rafael was shot in the head at a party."

"By who?" She asked, clearly curious. She didn't know her brother killed him.

"Your brother." I watched as her eyes grew wide, "what? He killed your adoptive father? You…" she paused "you don't want revenge?"

'I did."I corrected, "but I don't want it anymore. He freed me and my grandmother from Luigi."

Lea smiled before she stood up, "come on, let's go get a gift for him." I stood up and we visited one by one shop, hoping to find something for him.

"I'm going to get him a Draco Malfoy figurine and find something else also." Lea said and chuckle, "he really likes that guy. You'll be fine on your own right?"

I nodded reassuringly, "I'll be fine."She then smiled before leaving. I looked around me and frowned. He could literally buy anything he wanted.

Why bother give him a gift?

My eyes fell on a toy shop and a smirk found it's way on my face. This should be fun.

I entered the toy shop and wandered around, looking for something. My eyes fell on a water gun. I grabbed the water gun and asked the woman to wrap it. After she wrapped the box, I paid before leaving.