53

|Alessio's POV|

I was in my office when I received a call from one of the bodyguards informing me about the bomb. I was so relieved when I heard that she was alright.

The mere thought of anything happening to her made me want to punch the wall. Who would want to hurt her? Luigi's in my captivity. Then who the fuck wants her dead?

My mind drifted to the possibilities of her not being the target. Maybe it was Macy but then again why would anyone want Macy gone?

One of my men came upstairs and informed me that they arrived. I instantly rushed downstairs. Everyone were gathered and staring at them. They moved aside when I made my way through the crowd to Thea.

I instantly pulled her for a hug, not caring that everyone were watching. Her body went rigid, she was not expecting me to hug her. I wasn't expecting myself to, either. She then reluctantly wrapped her arms around me, hugging me back. I burried my face in the crook of her neck.

"You're never going anywhere without me again." I mumbled, my lips making contact with her bare skin as I spoke.

I then broke the hug and examined her face before placing my lips over hers, kissing her in front of everyone. I heard a few gasps but I could not care less.

"Everyone's staring." She muttered in between the kiss.

"Let them. Does it seem like I fucking care?" I asked back before deepening the kiss. After a while, I pulled away. "We gave them quite a show, didn't we?"

She chuckled as I held her hand and walked away. She kept her eyes on the ground which annoyed me. She should have held her head high and walk without a care like me.

I stopped when we were standing right in front of her room. I then opened the door and we both stepped inside before I closed it behind me.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked, my eyes examining her clothes, looking for any drop of blood.

"No" she shook her head, "I'm fine."

"Who would want to kill you?" I asked, taking a seat on her bed. She shrugged in response, "I don't know. I've made a lot of enemies in the past few years because of Luigi. It could be anyone."

She then took out something from the front pocket in her jeans. It was the Black Card I gave her.

"Here..." She handed me it, "all the things we bought ended up burning."

"That's sucks." I muttered before taking the card from her, putting it in my own pocket. When I received the phone call, the moment the bodyguard said that there was a bomb in the car, my heart skipped a beat. But then I was truly relieved when he said that nobody was hurt.

"You kissed me in front of everyone." She blurted out, "what am I to you? Just someone whose lips you appreciate?" Her eyes widened at her own words as if she did not expect herself to say those words.

I, on the other hand, was amused. I tilted my head to the side, furrowing my brows at her and fighting a smile at the same time.

I cleared my throat, "in fact,I do appreciate your lips very much."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "I don't want to be someone who you fuck around with. You can't just kiss me whenever you feel like it. We aren't even friends!"

She really was getting bold.

"What? We are not friends? You hurt my feelings." I said sarcastically before standing up, "you aren't someone I'm fucking around with." I approached her, "and I can kiss you whenever I like because you never backed away. As far as I recall, you always seem to be kissing me back."

She cleared her throat and licked her dry lips, "well…that's...I don't know!There's just something about you that—" she paused, "I don't know how to explain this."

I walked towards her and she backed away making me frown, why was she backing away?

"Stop." I stopped right in my tracks.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to catch any feelings for you" She muttered, "not when you're just playing around. This whole kissing and touching stuff…should stop."

"I'm not playing around, I promise. I do feel something for you,I just don't know what" I admitted, "I can't get you out of my head. I care about you..."

She seemed taken aback by what I said, "y-you do?"

"Yeah" I ran a hand through my hairs, pulling them ever so lightly, "I don't know how to describe what I feel when I'm with you but I've been feeling it for a while now."

"Really? You're…you're not joking, are you?" She watched me carefully and closely.

I shook my head, "I'm not. Do you know how fucking scared I was when I was informed of that bomb? Fuck, I wanted to come to you to check if you're alright by myself."

She bit her lip and her eyes were looking anywhere but me. I caught her red cheeks and a smirk was formed on my face. She was blushing again.

"I think I might like you."