❀80

(2577 words)

As Atsumu and I danced the food was brought in by Haru, Kira, Uncle Lenni, Kait her grandparents Sai and Rina and the others who live here. It smelled soo good. I did manage to get in a father daughter Dance with my uncle. After our dance we cut the cake,  Atsumu and I took a few goes at each other which resulted in messy fingers and patches of icing on our faces.

As everyone else went for the food first I went for the dessert. I've been craving cake for a long time. My 18th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. along with Sakuras 5th month mark , I'll have a cake for my birthday but Sakura is to young for one. I look forward to her 12 months mark, I think that's the age you can let your little one have their first cake and eat it too.

After I cut my slice of cake I go to our table to sit down to eat it.

The cake is Marble cake with chocolate butter cream icing, Rina made the cake and icing from scratch.

I stick my fork into the moist cake then scoop a peice into my mouth, I hmm in delight.

Yummmy!

"It's good huh?" Kait asks suprising me, she places 2 bottle of water on the table.

"It's delicious, so how did you guys cook so much food in so little time?"

I take another bite of my cake as she answers

"well we had all the food left over from our weekend cook out, we have one every other weekend and almost always have leftovers. We usually give some of the left overs to Family and friends that couldn't make it or I deliver them to The families of our boys volleyball team. Poppy made a lot of ribs and brisket this time because he had to make room in the freezer so really we should be thanking you guys I mean that's a lot of food to put away. I need to go home sometime but they would probably keep me around to pack up food."
Kait shakes her head at the thought.

To help me swallow my oversized bite of cake I take a drink out of my cup of ice tea.

"Oh How fun, well I don't think you'll have to worry about having leftovers .Atsumu is already going for seconds as you can see."
I point to my husband who just finished filling up his plate and is now walking back to our table.

Kait giggles and places two more bottles of water beside Atsumus cup. "Just incase, I'll go and grab him some more towelettes and napkins. Be right back."

Atsumu places his plate of food down on to the table then sits down. I watch as he takes three bites out of a bbq rib then hmms in delight.

"Sumu Honey, take smaller bites so you don't choke."

Atsumu looks at me and nods then reply's with his mouth full mhhhmnhn which I'm sure ment. 'sorry,it's just so good'.

"It Looks good.." I eye the food on his plate.

"Okay I made sure to bring extra this time. Here you go Atsumu."

Kait reaches her arm between Atsumu and I placing towelettes and napkins on the table. Atsumu reaches for  a napkin but stops then looks at me.

"He says thank you, and wants me to do something.. oh for goodness sake Atsumu swallow your food and use your words!"

Kait laughs behind her hand as Atsumu dramatically chews and downs his glass of tea. He breathes out hitting his chest and smiles.

"You gotta try the meat babe! The ribs are so good they don't even need sauce and they fall off the bone their so tender! The brisket is cooked just right too! I ain't ever tasted ribs like these! Yer grandpa really cook these Kait?"