❀26

1535 words

"F/n, You ready?"

Uncle Lenni asks while twirls his keys

"Hm? Yeah. Hopefully their still gone."

Today we move me out of my childhood home.

"It hasn't been a week yet so they probably are."

When we arrive I notice how much the grass has grown since no one has been here to cut it or be payed too.

"The key should be under the mat"

Sure enough, once I lift up the mat the key shines.

I unlock the door then push it open.

"Somethings Different.."

Things are missing..and..

My uncle flips the light switch but nothing happens.

"It's stuffy in here and there seems to be no electricity. Don't suppose you guys have any Lanterns or Flash lights?"

I have to think for a moment.

"Im sure we do somewhere. The challenge would be finding them then finding batteries to go in them. We have a crap tone of candles though. "

My uncle takes his phone out of his pocket turning on the flashlight.

"Lead the way."

My phone didn't survive the rain, we ordered me another one. I now share a phone plan with my uncle I pay for my part though for now. I'll probably be working less once I have a baby and school but somehow I'll manage. On another note I have half of my pictures saved on a SD card. My Photos have a lot of memories. I also have All my music saved so that's also plus.

"Alright here we go, we keep them in this kitchen cabinet."

As I open the cabinet the henges creek. My uncle and i frown

"Thaaats a Creepy sound, yeah let's get these babies lit." My uncle says

After lighting the candles we put them all over the house. We opened windows which also helped with the dust and lighting.

"Hey f/n." My uncle calls from the kitchen, i hurry to see what he needs. When I get into the kitchen I see him at the table looking through files. He looks up at me then back to the paper in his hand in disbelief.

"What? What did you find Uncle Lenni?" I make my way beside him.

"You said your dad told you that after your mother's death the house and property went to him, that everything went  to his name." My uncle looks towards me.

I look back at him

"Yeah That's what he told me over the years."

My uncle shakes his head.

"According to this your mother left the house and property to you, she didn't leave him anything. This property , house included only had one owner, legally. Your mother and after her passing.. you. F/n, the property has been yours all along. At least it became yours when you turned 17."