f i f t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. That's why we have a girls night at least once every month. It's good to take things off your chest." Hailey said resting her head on his chest.

"Wait you talk about this sort of thing on a girls night? I thought you guys painted each others nails and had pillow fights." He said making Hailey roll her eyes. "But anyways. They were all shocked hearing you and I are still together."

"What? Why?"

"You know with the while you know who thing going on. Harry was suggesting it's better if we broke it off... But I said we could make it... I mean that's only if you want."

"I want to be with you." She said with no hesitation. "I love you. I trust you. And I want to be with you. I mean... Everything seems so easy with you. Maybe it was because we had always been good friends. But I'm comfortable with you. And- And even though we haven't really gotten time together the past few months. I don't see the point of us breaking up. And it were my last few days, I'd rather spend it with you than anyone else."

"We're like a married couple if you ask me," Ron said with a smile. They didn't get the chance to spend that much time together. But that made him appreciate the smallest of time they had. It made him appreciate Hailey even more. He sometimes felt like someone was going to take her away from him. She was Hailey Lily Potter. The girl who lived, the girl who fought. Everyone knew her. She could've picked anyone. But she chose to be with him.

Their relationship isn't perfect. They had their fair share of fights. But these imperfections made them humans.

"We are, to be honest," Hailey said unintentionally intertwining her hand with Rons.

"Then let's get married. Make the rumours true." He said with a laugh but Hailey didn't laugh but instead straightened up to look at him.

"You want to marry me?" She whispered.

"Of course. I wouldn't be dating you just to marry someone later." He said as she blushed going back to her previous position. It was something about the word marriage that made her bubbly. It was all those romcoms fault she watched. Those beautiful weddings. The grooms crying seeing their bride. And that reminded her-

"Are you going to cry at our wedding?" She asked making Ron narrow his eyes. "What? Don't look at me like that. I want to know."

"That's an oddly specific question... But I don't know. Maybe. But mum's going to cry for sure." He said making Hailey laugh. It was Ron's favourite laugh in the world. The way her hazel eyes lit up and her head falls back. He closed his eyes and smiled. It was a perfect moment, cause his whole world was in his hands.

~

The next few days went by relatively faster. It was Bill and Fleur's wedding which drove Mrs Weasley crazy. She wanted everything to be perfect. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Ginny were constantly running around cleaning the house. It was especially hard for the Weasleys as their mum was scolding them. But the twins and Hermione didn't want to feel left out so they too helped out.

"Merlin I'm going to throw myself off the astronomy tower if mum comes in and say to tell me to do anything else," Ron muttered jumping on his bed with a dramatic sigh.

"The Delacours are coming today Ronald," Hailey said sternly as Ginny rolled her eyes. "Ginevra Weasley do not roll your eyes. Fleur is an incredibly talented and strong witch. Stop being so rude to her."

"What? It's not only me. Mum doesn't like her. I don't. Hermione doesn't. What's special about her except she's half veela?" The girl whined earning a glare from her.

"Whatever you do, don't go around misbehaving."

"Aye aye Captain." She said with a fake salute making her shake her head. Hailey didn't personally know Fleur. But she liked her. She may walk with her nose high all the time, but she saw nothing wrong with that. "Whatever you say."