Chapter 111: Dark Awakening

Nobody could even properly process what was currently happening. You had returned to HOH and only a handful of students actually saw you, but they knew you were there.

The other students just had to take their word for it in hopes that they were right. Which they were.

As you and Mizuna drew further out of the city and into the rocky fields, you were quick to realize that Mizuna had been corrupted by the Akuryo just like you were.

However it seemed like he was corrupted in a different way. You were corrupted by a phantom. Mizuna had some obvious physical changes that you didn't go through.

Plus his personality seemed to have taken a complete 180 compared to what you've seen from him. Then again, it has been over two years. Maybe he has changed.

Nevertheless it was clear that you had to take him down. And you were about to do just that. Apart from his slightly larger power, you didn't sense anything different from when you last fought Mizuna.

Y/N: So tell me, Phantom. What have you done to Mizuna to make him this way?

Mizuna: "Phantom"...? Please. The Phantoms are child's play compared to what I am!

All of a sudden Mizuna attempted to gouge your eyes as you weaved under his arms and slammed him against the nearest Boulder.

Your reaction time had also improved. That along with your speed it was almost impossible to hit you. That's without Ultra Instinct.

This was made clear when Mizuna attempted to clear as Mizuna showed several attempts to hit you, but to no avail.

Dodge, weave, block, rinse and repeat. He couldn't land a solid blow on you. As you kept avoiding and blocking his attacks you thought of something.

Y/N: If I can just get a drop of his blood...

Mizuna: HA!!

Mizuna then fired a large Ki wave at you point blank to which you weaved under and eventually leaped out into the distance.

The Saiyan then started to grow angry as he rushed towards you at full speed. However you then rushed his direction at incredible speeds as you managed to graze his skin. Getting the blood that you needed.

Mizuna was still processing what had just happened as you now had a little pool of his blood in your palm

You then closed your eyes as you focused as the blood in your hand started to glow a bright shade of blue.

Y/N: I see it...

Turns out it wasn't a phantom that corrupted Mizuna. Instead it was an Akuryo parasite that managed to crawl into his skin and take over his body.

However the parasite itself was near microscopic, and gave off no energy signature to sense. Removing it would be a little more difficult than you anticipated.