Chapter 88: The Unbreakable Red Riot

You had been doing rather well in this little competition so far considering the circumstances. You had even managed to save a handful of them.

However, today we will be focusing on somebody else. As you probably might've guessed by now, Eijiro Kirishima, who was doing better than expected.

Kirishima: Aw man...I'm so hungry...!! If I go any longer without food I think my stomach is gonna eat itself...!!

As he was complaining about, Kirishima had gone several days without any source of food. He had plenty of water from a fresh water lake, but no actual food.

With all of this time, Kirishima had only found one other classmate that was on his side, and that was Lotte.

The two had been nearly inseparable since Lotte didn't want to die. And with how nervous she gets sometimes she was always by Kirishima's side.

Lotte: H-How do you think everyone else is doing...?

Kirishima: Hopefully better than us. They've probably got food...I wish Yaomomo was here right now...

Lotte: Well, it's getting late. We should probably get settled in.

Kirishima: Yeah, you're right. I just wish we had something to eat...I can't focus on anything else...I could probably eat as much as Y/N right now...

Lotte: Y/N...I hope he's doing okay...

Kirishima: Hey don't worry, Lotte! Y/N's gonna be fine! He's literally the strongest guy I know! Also pretty stubborn when it comes to staying alive.

Lotte then remembered what Midoriya had told her when they first met.

Flashback

Midoriya: We've been through a lot together, some of us have even died and come back to life!

Flashback End

This had managed to put her at ease a little bit. She knew that you'd be fine. She was just paranoid. But your physical condition wasn't the only thing she was worried about.

She then remembered when she let you vent to her and even started crying. Which wasn't something you did often. The same couldn't be said for Midoriya though.

Considering the situation she decided to not bring it up. Simply curling up in a small blanket that she had made with one of her spells and went to sleep.

Kirishima slept without one because he was too manly for blankets.

Time Skip

It was nearly Midnight. Lotte was fast asleep but Kirishima had woken up 2 hours into the night, and hadn't been able to fall back to sleep ever since.

So instead he was simply twisting and turning, trying to get comfortable, but with his hunger that was at this point hurting him, along with not sleeping in the cold, made it so much harder on him.

He tried hardening to warm up but it did little to nothing. Then his stomach growled again as he couldn't take it anymore.

Kirishima: *Groans*...I'm gonna go look for something to hunt...maybe I can find a fish...or maybe even a bear...just...something...

He was a little hesitant at first since he didn't want to leave Lotte by herself but he knew that she'd be fine.

As he searched, he had decided to straight up dive into the nearest river and try to grab a fish. Of course he hardened himself to ensure that if something a little bigger and stronger were to show up, he would be prepared.