☾𝙘𝙝. 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 ☾

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

eu•pho•ri•a (noun):

a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

☾ ★ ☾

Y O U R  P E R S P E C T I V E

☾ ★ ☾

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

( my grandad died :,( so I'll publish this chapter and take a few weeks off before writing the epilogue )

"Welcome to Wendy's, what do you want?"

I sounded like I was dying, which was true for me on the inside. And given my circumstances that my 48 hour energy shot just ran out, I was about to pass out on the grimy kitchen floor if this damn person didn't hurry up with their order.

So done with work already.

I waited with the speaker headset and the ordering machine to send to the kitchen, doing our last customer before we can all go home.

"Could I get a Strawberry Summer Salad with two orders of your Spicy Nuggets please?"

"Any drinks, ma'am?" I asked monotonously, putting in her order with the machine.

"..."

"And some sweet iced tea please?"

I hum with a dry throat.

"What name do I put this under?"

I hated this rule that we needed to take names at the drive-thru, but it was for the receipts and for the Karens who complained they couldn't return eaten food.

The lady pauses and makes a small sneeze.

"Emma."

I put that in and told the woman to go to the next window, and then yell over the cook that our last order came in, and to make it snappy because I wanted out of there.

"You and me both, Y/n!" he yelled back, already finished with the burger and preparing the salad while I got the drink.

I was given a card so swiped it, which gets accepted as the payment.

I reach out the window without looking at the customer for their drink, and they take it.

I then get the bagged meal from the cook and now face the customer.

It was a girl who looked pretty tired, her hair was a messy orange bob with a piece of hair sticking up on the top and bottom of her head.

She reminded me of something.

"Thank you, take this for your services this late at night."

The lady reached up and gave me a crisp 20 dollar bill.

Well, this was worth it.

But I have to share this...

With Todd...

"Thank you, miss!" I attempt to sound joyful, but my throat deceives me and I lean over and start coughing in my elbow.

"No, thank you. Bye bye." She waves in her worn out state and drives away from the window.